Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Dolphins fan here too, were awful I'm seeing 8-8 at best

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I was at the game today, won tickets from work... god it killed me to be at that stadium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never known anyone to cut/Quater up their deer so fast unless the Weather/temps not optimal for letting the body heat out of the animal.

I always do it almost right away the deer tastes better if you break down before rigor sets in

• Like 1

I was at the game today, won tickets from work... god it killed me to be at that stadium

That's kewl I would love to watch them play live. My wife and I have a getaway planned for next fall celebrateing are 30 year Anniversary we're heading to Florida for 2 weeks and I hope to catch a game then. Yeah you were definitely on the enemies terf today.

That's kewl I would love to watch them play live. My wife and I have a getaway planned for next fall celebrateing are 30 year Anniversary we're heading to Florida for 2 weeks and I hope to catch a game then. Yeah you were definitely on the enemies terf today.

And I’m not even a dolphins fan.... we did have fun though 6 New Yorkers at Gillette... we may or may not have made our fair share of rude comments

• Like 1

New neighbor  called...he seems to think someone shot a doe in the head on my lower property and it made it across his new land  to his house land and to the edge of his drive way to die...asked if I'd shot... I haven't shot my gun once this season...asked if he back traced blood and didn't...he has hunters all around him between our line and his...makes no sense...I asked about shot ..back of neck through face.. WTH......I feel like our place is the filling of a steaming  cow patty sandwich
No way a deer is taking a shot behind the neck through the face an walking anywhere

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Dropped me a spike at 532am. Is that a little before shooting hours? Ooops.

Just kidding...kinda....while I did drop a spike, it was with my truck on my way to get coffee this morning. . Damn thing ran into my driver door. I caught a glimpse of him in the corner of my eye right as he was hitting my door, must of rolled under truck and I got him with the rear tires. I finished the 1/2 mile ride to the coffee shop and inspect for damage, nothing major, push in the bottom of the door ever so slightly. By the time I got back to where I hit him, someone was already tossing him into their truck. I stopped and asked if they needed a hand as I was the one who just hit him a few mins ago. They said nope all good and off we both went. I’m killing more deer with my vehicles than anything this year! I told my wife I’m done driving that car to work, I’m like a deer magnet on the road and need that truck to get me around in one piece

im taking a break til Sat morn.  Havent seen hardly anything since gun opened.  Sat morn get out with gun in 7F then sat afternoon planning on going to my spot in 7J which i can only hut with bow  Hoping deer are in there as no one gun hunts this little spot.  Once muzzleloader opens might take a couple extra days off.  Have a spot where i dont hunt gun in 6S but no one muzzle hunts it and last i knew they also didnt cut the beanfield.  Might be a good late season spot for bucks to get their bellies full.  I have a hunting buddy out on a still hunt this morn at the fish and game club he is a member of and hoping to see text of BBD!  My spots sure get less action every year in gun season.  Such a big difference.  Good luck to everyone out! 

8 hours ago, YFKI1983 said:

No way a deer is taking a shot behind the neck through the face an walking anywhere

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I know this...he was fishing and I'm pretty sure hoping I'd go walking around pushing deer off my place if they are seeing them...  I told him about the neighbor  on our land across the road...First thing..." We got that 12 on our cams". So now he knows one target is gone.... Also That I don't take head shots.:rolleyes: Fishing call...

Well couldn't do live from the stand because in the middle of nowhere there's no cell service.... So I am live from camp now. At 745 am we had a buck chasing 7 doe. Tipped the can a few times and did a couple soft grunts. He turned and walked right towards us but one doe was trying to take him back up the hill. Gavin was shaking but calm he said I can shoot him in the neck. That's all he could see, I hear the safety click off and an immediate shot and the buck dropped in his tracks.
Gavin did great for being 11 and making a great 75 yard shot.
There ain't enough napkins to wipe the smile off his face. Lol.

57d9fa8d980b05007a148196e7756b00.jpg

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

• Like 33

12 minutes ago, reeltime said:

Well couldn't do live from the stand because in the middle of nowhere there's no cell service.... So I am live from camp now. At 745 am we had a buck chasing 7 doe. Tipped the can a few times and did a couple soft grunts. He turned and walked right towards us but one doe was trying to take him back up the hill. Gavin was shaking but calm he said I can shoot him in the neck. That's all he could see, I hear the safety click off and an immediate shot and the buck dropped in his tracks.
Gavin did great for being 11 and making a great 75 yard shot.
There ain't enough napkins to wipe the smile off his face. Lol.

57d9fa8d980b05007a148196e7756b00.jpg

BOOM...Neck shot not a real big target so Kudo's to him. A memory forever.

• Like 2

Well as we walked up to Gavin deer we heard a shot from where I put our other Jr. Hunter and his dad. Just as we finished gutting Gavin deer I got a text and Colton had a 7 point down, he made a great shot for only being 10 years old.

70958d58e95c98a97c90fc9d684f990d.jpg

• Like 33

8 minutes ago, reeltime said:

Well as we walked up to Gavin deer we heard a shot from where I put our other Jr. Hunter and his dad. Just as we finished gutting Gavin deer I got a text and Colton had a 7 point down, he made a great shot for only being 10 years old.

70958d58e95c98a97c90fc9d684f990d.jpg

What an awesome day for both boys!  They'll be talking about this one forever. :)

• Like 3

Just got back from wife and I helping my 93 year old dad cut 10 giant bags of spruce and Frazier fir boughs for him to make wreaths from.He gives them to everyone.  Ulrich’s abandoned nursery. He has permission to do this. He wanted as stubborn as he is to go by himself. Um no , there’s hunters who hunt there and what happens if you fall. So all donned up in as much orange as I own we went in. Hey Pop , look a scrape and licking branch. And a cam. So the three of us all took turns smiling and waving at it. Back hunting in warm and wind tomorrow for me. 

• Like 2

Congrats Reeltime. But, I’m confused. I have a seven year old who I’m looking forward to hunting with. You mentioned the ages of your young hunters as ten and eleven. I thought that the youngest a hunter could be in NY was 14. Am I mistaken?

Just got back from wife and I helping my 93 year old dad cut 10 giant bags of spruce and Frazier fir boughs for him to make wreaths from.He gives them to everyone.  Ulrich’s abandoned nursery. He has permission to do this. He wanted as stubborn as he is to go by himself. Um no , there’s hunters who hunt there and what happens if you fall. So all donned up in as much orange as I own we went in. Hey Pop , look a scrape and licking branch. And a cam. So the three of us all took turns smiling and waving at it. Back hunting in warm and wind tomorrow for me. 

Seen you there....lol. White / tan SUV with contractor bags behind it? Should have brought your gun !!!

17 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

When did they change the age minimum in NY to be able to hunt big game? When I was a kid, it was still 16 and that sucked!

I'm hoping those photos were taken in PA where I think a 10 and 11 year old can hunt deer with a rifle.  They surely can't in NYS.