Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

20 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

What a way to break a lousy season ,caught this guy with 3 doe at 8:30 . Broke the cherry on my Henry 30 30 ,70 yards,both lungs and top of heart. 

20171202_085633.jpg

Congratulations! Way to hang in there and get it done! Beautiful buck!

• Like 1

Got my second mature doe this morning at 8 a.m. had two young ones following her got my first 1 last Sunday at 11:30 now I have meat in the freezer for myself and my brother who has a bad back this season and not hunting for the first time in 60 years

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Gotta be raised in the woods raised as in off the ground.

After putting a lot of time into a new property this year in a stand. And then sitting in a blind 2 nights ago, I've determined the advantages of height far outweigh the advantages of cover from a blind.

Raised blind? Best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My hunting partner just pulled some cam cards and he's making it hard for me to keep sitting in this darn easy chair! This is a blind we set up for early bow. Saw this buck a couple of times and passed on him once, as we have bigger on the property. But he is using this run daily, during daylight, and I can drive my truck to within 100 yards of this spot. He sure would make me feel better if I  or my grandson could lay our hands on him! Gonna be a tough sell to the Mrs. though! Already told her, whats the difference if I sit in the chair here, or there? My buddy said just put him on the ground, and he will do the rest. Oh boy, here we go........

IMG_20061.jpg

IMG_20051.jpg

IMG_20361.jpg

• Like 15

Congratulations to those that harvested deer so far today! Looks like it was a good morning to be out. I myself bagged our usual large Christmas tree. Now I have lots of work to do to get her cut up and processed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

What a way to break a lousy season ,caught this guy with 3 doe at 8:30 . Broke the cherry on my Henry 30 30 ,70 yards,both lungs and top of heart. 
20171202_085633.thumb.jpg.5861e2afcb91443ceacf949144c8bf8d.jpg

Well worth the wait. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1