Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Well worth the wait. Congrats!

Biz something tells me you are going to regret not hunting this morning when you check your cameras... I had to work but conditions were perfect this morning... I was not happy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Been in stand since 6 also, very quiet in 9M. Might take a drive over to the Dobbins this afternoon if it stays quiet... 

Good Luck to all

20171202_071157.thumb.jpg.bb67b16f2b373e70fd7ec76476306c45.jpg

9m also. Franklinville. Heard a few shots around 10am. Other than that very quiet. Saw 4 tails and that's it. Covered alot of ground too....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

We’ll see. But now I’m out on parents land in 3N with gun. 40 degrees light wind. My top target buck is still alive and around as of Tuesday.

9e89fb40ee46fb3d3487ea6eecfe4e6a.jpg

9a7650837618d099b83e6dc43d568073.jpg

165b9669ed1dddd5019e5d9f7046cf7b.jpg

• Like 2

Here's to hoping my weak ass moustache can help me arrow my number 1 doe tomorrow! Shes a beautiful double patched crotchety momma. If I can get her in range she will definitely be making my pedestal. Shes been the only doe I have ever seen worth adding to my buck pedestal.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Had the largest buck I have ever seen alive in the woods at 40 yards straight down wind but I couldn't get a shot through the tangle of dead branches leaning against the left side of the tree in the middle of the pic. He had to walk about 10 more yards to the right side of the tree into a shooting lane but winded me. He did the stiff legged walk away and back up the hill from where he came. Needless to say the tangle of dead branches is no longer leaning against that tree. It was a 40 yard chip shot if I had taken them down like I was thinking of doing last weekend. Oh well. 7c7f53713cdd34000505da8e91183708.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well excuse me for being selfish !!! Lol. Nah, just playing the game! when a giant is shot the last place I want to go is there... That means there's one less giant !!! Now, when I hear that giant after giant after giant gets killed, I want in !!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MPHunter said:

Had the largest buck I have ever seen alive in the woods at 40 yards straight down wind but I couldn't get a shot through the tangle of dead branches leaning against the left side of the tree in the middle of the pic. He had to walk about 10 more yards to the right side of the tree into a shooting lane but winded me. He did the stiff legged walk away and back up the hill from where he came. Needless to say the tangle of dead branches is no longer leaning against that tree. It was a 40 yard chip shot if I had taken them down like I was thinking of doing last weekend. Oh well. 7c7f53713cdd34000505da8e91183708.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That tangle of dead branches look like some ground blinds that I have made

I think I won the worst hunting day award today. On state land had a guy on an atv come up to me an hour before dark. Said it was his stand (no markings). No problem I will never argue with anyone unless it's a stand I hung. I did mention it was state land and he has an atv which his response was he didn't care and I was trespassing. Well hum dinger  but he had the wrong guy at that point, as I let him know I grew up at the end of the road and new the land step by step and he was lying! He then called me a liberal because I have long hair. I let him know I took a picture of his tags and himself and he was free to do the same. How come everything is fine when you let somebody know your a veteran? He shut up I wasn't a liberal anymore and he offered me a stand on what was actually his land. You gotta be kidding me after telling me to suck your blah blah blah because I was in the right? Jeez I said f off and have let the ranger in that area know about the issue as well as sending him pictures. Today was a loss lol. 

He was 60 from da bronx he said and I have never been so grateful that somebody wasn't my age because he had it coming. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1