Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

So far ive seen over 38 doe a bear  and 8 bucks hunting pa. One nice 8 was to covered in briars to shoot all others much smaller could have shot. They have deer running everywhere down there  its kind of cool. Reminds me of the old days in ny when you could actually fill a few tags and not worry about it ruining  the nxt few yrs hunting. Really opened my eyes NY hunting has really gone down the drain.

• Like 6

Crisp cold and crunchy walk in...pretty quiet  for shots...will leave in a bit. Not even squirrels  are moving. ..Grandma time tomorrow so need to get home and redo  child proof...lol get deer done before Temps go up...Tuesday should be a good day.. PS Read  great 20 yr study on deer movement the other day...real world hunter results across the country....Google when you get a chance... I can' remember source... I read too much lol

Spoke to soon there goes a 4 sho....5 shot volley...3 more bout  same time as yesterday....

Edited by growalot

Since I can’t catch up with 8pt on upper part of property, I sat this morning 55yds from lower property Cam. He came thru Friday mid morning while I was at work of course lol

df9734ba98d77e67cc1f5641a0005583.jpg

65b02246a378ca06254594d33b88e3d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So far ive seen over 38 doe a bear  and 8 bucks hunting pa. One nice 8 was to covered in briars to shoot all others much smaller could have shot. They have deer running everywhere down there  its kind of cool. Reminds me of the old days in ny when you could actually fill a few tags and not worry about it ruining  the nxt few yrs hunting. Really opened my eyes NY hunting has really gone down the drain.
Yes I used to keep track and see 50 or 60 deer a year remember you could have 15 Deer at a time run by you and sit there and count them I think my best one day count was 47 deer in a day those days are gone if you see 15 deer season that's a good season I tell the younger guys that and they look at you like you're crazy and don't believe you what do you think the difference is a ARs and better deer management in PA then in New York for the record I am against forced ARS I believe the individual has to do it himself

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Heading up to the farm to sit mid day in an active area, in a blind. Still have sutures inside and out, so gotta go slow, on the short walk out there from my truck. This is the best medicine for me! A deer will just be an added bonus at this point.

• Like 15

Since I can’t catch up with 8pt on upper part of property, I sat this morning 55yds from lower property Cam. He came thru Friday mid morning while I was at work of course lol

df9734ba98d77e67cc1f5641a0005583.jpg&key=fc5f28463b091cfb5f728b3d0ccfcbc5c6182220cccd7a9564a29b1e8bb756c0

65b02246a378ca06254594d33b88e3d1.jpg&key=9f44d24cd2ec22d1421a4ad4c55170c720958ebd640e99ac0edabeee2fab850e

And the 8pt came to where I sat last night in upper property to sniff the estrous scent I sprayed. Of course after I was gone! 6.5hrs too late. Lone doe at 11pm, 8pt was 2min behind

7db23ff080cf195e0a471e7e3ccd9fb0.jpg

4 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

Sitting in my stand listening to the local gun club shoot their winter trap League wish all those shots for at Deer headed my way but that's not happening

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Your gun is defective  as it doesn't make any noise ?! Mine too

• Like 2

2 hours ago, erussell said:

Thats why so many laws need to be changed and added.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Belo said:

Legally you’re doing nothing wrong. Etiquette wise I find it very odd. And I’ve hunted plenty of state land. You never know when someone will show up. See another hunter and switch your plans. Safety risks with others stands too

Just my .02.

One of the reasons I hate state land is people are idiots.  It's a lot less crowded than it used to be but hunters who are walking around, deep in the property an hour before sunset suck just as bad as the ones doing it at sunrise.  They screw up everybody, including themselves. 

As far as where you set up? Gun differs from bow because bow hunters typically wear no orange.   I've whistled at, and been whistled at setting up for bow. I just move a few hundred yards cognizant of wind,

What I hate, during gun, late muzzle are the drivers/ packs of guys that get all crappy about somebody being "in their drive. near their drive" If I'm in the drive, I get the hell out.   I have had limited success on state land during gun/ muzzle but the success I had was because others bumped them. 

The last time I was walking a trail and it sounded like a pack of school kids coming the opposite way.  I snuck off the side of the trail removing my orange so they would not see me.  I am in no mood to discuss.  I watch them turn in about 400-500 yards away , going the opposite direction I was in. 

15 minutes later I hear a herd of deer and they're coming right at me. I pick a doe and shoot.  Success. 

30 minutes later all these guys are walking back and they can see me tracking.  They all (11 guys) come up and start giving me the third degree. Did I know where I was? Who was I? Did I know they were driving the private property?  They were not being nice about any of my answers, so I opened my bag as I found my deer and I had my 9mm in the bag. Well, they started giving me crap about hunting with a pistol and I dropped the clip and showed them the bullets, and said, "I'm not hunting with this, it's for protection. These are hollow points, slow as hell and I'll take my day in court for possessing my legal hand gun without hunting cartridges."  They left, making sure I knew there was a private, posted line 200 yards away.  I guess I shot their deer. 

Before you all get your panties wadded up. I know the ADA in the county I was in. I specifically asked how he'd handle and he told me, "You'll definitely get a ticket. I woudl not prosecute based on what you're telling me" 

So.... I hate state land and most hunters. Used to be you could meet up with guys and strike new friendship. Now you're taking what they believe is theirs.  

• Like 5