Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

once the downpour quits. im going in. It only takes me 13 minutes to get to me spot. so no rush. think ill do some slow roll down the sewer line and head for the pines. going to watch the back of a winter wheat field tonight.Go get em turkey feathers. i havent seen a deer where im going since bow season. lots of tracks lots of acorns so feed is very abundant. waiting for some snow to maybe change my chances. again i saw nothing last night . I thought something was coming across the swamp but it turned out to be ducks and not bucks. oh well it was exciting.
Im gonna slow roll down the sewer line too !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Meh I'm up. Kids are up. Dropping them at school at 9. Going to get home. Unload then reload the trunk and head out.

Going to sit a stand I got my buck from last year.

Only sat it once all season and that was first week of bow

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well the 810group came in and frank pulled the shot high at 40 yards. I spent the last hour and a half searching and no blood. Gotta retool my set up for him. He has Parkinson's disease really bad and is having a tough time squeezing the trigger. That shot I watched him and he yanked the trigger hard. He said his fingers don't work good so I am going to break out one of my guns with a lighter trigger pull and set a table up in our afternoon spot and set him up on sandbags.

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

Highlight in last 2 hours is noticing pop up blind lift off the ground and settle back down. And that doe I saw but couldn’t positively ID was right near blind.  Umbrella up and keeping me pretty dry. Has to be  a town idiot deer out here somewhere. All bundled up , gentle  relaxing sound of rain on umbrella and wind swaying in tree lulling me  to sleep. 

Currently passing on a small doe that yells ground shrinkage. Been browsing for 10 minutes at 50 yards 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Everyone relax. I’ll shoot a specific 8pt on Saturday morning. I promise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guaranteed good luck, if you wear a Judge jersey under your camo Biz! That nice 8 point could be in your hands! Just do it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grampy said:

Guaranteed good luck, if you wear a Judge jersey under your camo Biz! That nice 8 point could be in your hands! Just do it!

Nah- not worth it.

14 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

All I hear is a broken record. Do it would you :pleasantry:

I haven't been trying my hardest, but will try harder on the 9th just for you. You have to remember, as an elitist hunter I need to draw this out as long as possible in order to build the anticipation of 25,000 forum members. Then I will sell my story to Outdoor Life.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've had many deer within 50 yards while the umbrella was up and it was raining. It doesn't seem to bother them at all. I even managed to shoot a few. 

Don’t even entertain this guy he’s just say this to start with people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, reeltime said:

Well the 810group came in and frank pulled the shot high at 40 yards. I spent the last hour and a half searching and no blood. Gotta retool my set up for him. He has Parkinson's disease really bad and is having a tough time squeezing the trigger. That shot I watched him and he yanked the trigger hard. He said his fingers don't work good so I am going to break out one of my guns with a lighter trigger pull and set a table up in our afternoon spot and set him up on sandbags.

Sounds weird but can he get his thumb in their so the bottom is facing the guard then have him us it like a lever against the trigger? The recoil shouldn't do anything to his finger being it bends backwards a good amount.

Sounds weird but can he get his thumb in their so the bottom is facing the guard then have him us it like a lever against the trigger? The recoil shouldn't do anything to his finger being it bends backwards a good amount.
Not sure, we are gonna use one of my pre 64 model 70's. The afternoon spot is set up and I told him they have to be IN the pasture before he is allowed to shoot that will put them at 30 yards or under. Its a tough situation and I'm fully aware of his desire to keep hunting but minga deer are NOT for target practice! I am trying not to let my frustrations show and although its a ton of responsibility for me to take him hunting the missing bothers me a lot.
I told him that the deer come in there at 4pm so 345 we are going to give you a few extra doses of dopamine through the pump as he gets more tired later in the day.
I told him to rest while I brought my new truck back to the dealer so they could finish up a few things since they had no time Saturday to do the stuff.

• Like 1

Bumped a tail on my slow journey out to car. I don’t want this to be easy   But man this is rough this year. Saw bald eagle from brothers deck  Off Thursday through Tuesday so hoping weather ( snow ) doesn’t screw me too bad. Freezer is hurting. Time to fire up the snowblower in prep. Tree umbrella is awesome until you forget to not lean with back against tree. Water comes down tree and grabs lower back. Then into boxers giving the big soggy diaper feeling 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1