Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Look who showed up for late seassssssonnnn, hopefully day time.
746F6321-A67A-4348-A135-3616BD88CEBF.thumb.jpeg.f9ac2083856a2aa139b927fc2156bee2.jpeg

Hock- is that buck trapped under a frozen lake or something? I will take your word for it that that’s a brute, but damn man, don’t tease me with a blurry(possibly sideways???) pic!
Knock him down (or up-can’t tell!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, growalot said:

So I saw nothing...but Mr B. came home and said there was a group of deer standing in front of Rivers blind...you know the one I hunted out of the other night and saw zip...Lol

Grow,you should stick with one stand for a week,the deer are bound to rotate through there one day. Seems like the old you zig,they zag.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

For some reason there are always fresh tracks right behind me....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

yup that's where they were all right . Half way up the side of the field a lone deer walked out. right down the trail in front of the ladder stand . hooked right and then walked across the back of the field. most likely he followed me in just ten minutes later. I was thinking about sitting in the ladder stand but no I have better ideas. som bitch aint that the way it goes. Other than that i didnt see a thing. except the guy and his daughter they followed my tracks too. walked right in front of me. Oh yeah and their dog. did you see anything he says i say no and he say there were two just out in the field. yeah until he walked out. nice evening though , the wind calmed down.

Back out this afternoon. In this spot I can see three fields at once where and if they come out of the thick stuff or hardwoods. Didn't see hardly any (deer) tracks on the way in but plenty of coyote tracks. Pretty sad when you see more coyote tracks than deer tracks. :negative: IS IT OVER YET!!!

tonight.jpg

tonight1.jpg

tonight3.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Back out this afternoon. In this spot I can see three fields at once where and if they come out of the thick stuff or hardwoods. Didn't see hardly any (deer) tracks on the way in but plenty of coyote tracks. Pretty sad when you see more coyote tracks than deer tracks. :negative: IS IT OVER YET!!!

tonight.jpg

tonight1.jpg

tonight3.jpg

It will only get worse unless you destroy the useless vermin.

7 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

It will only get worse unless you destroy the useless vermin.

It's on my list but it has been to wet here to trap and I am spending entirely to much time deer hunting. The fields are just saturated with water.

After wasting the morning at Sarnoff I decided to spot check some of the other public spots somewhat nearby. 

Headed to a state park about 20 mins north. Best parking spot (imho) was open and it seemed like no one was hunting. So i parked the car jumped in the backseat and got changed again into my hunting gear. 

Explored/still hunted for a bit. Signs here and there but no deer. Bumped into some older guys hiking on the trail. They said there were definitely deer there but they don't come out until sunset or early morning. It was too late in the day to really get deeper in so I picked a spot that looked like there would be some traveling through. Positioned myself facing northwest to catch anything coming over the ridge on the north and paths on the west. I decided to forget about the sides behind me as I figured anything from that side would scent me. 

Well i guess my scent control regimen is pretty good. Deer came from my 5o clock  and just like the guys had mentioned 5 minutes before legal light ended. First doe walked right by me and as I was trying to position myself to the other side of the tree I was standing behind to get a shot a second doe popped out.

i figured I was done and she would spook immediately. I was not behind anything just next to the tree mid turn with my bow pulled up and my right hand holding the release taut with the dloop. 

She didn't book it immediately and I got the whole head bobbing hoof stomping routine. In the end she decided I wasn't enough of a threat to run away but not safe enough to walk past and walked the long way around me. 

I watch her walk around and start to turn back around to see if that first doe was still there. And now I'm facing a third doe who's got me dead to rights. Again doesn't immediately spook and I get another bobbing stomping routine. This one went on for way too long and legal light was gone. 

Oh well at least I saw some deer up close. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Welp, about 12 hours till I post buck pic in snow

You and me both. Well more like 36 hours for me. Going to hit it up Sunday morning hoping for some good tracks to follow. 

• Like 1

Left work early and came up to camp this afternoon decided to go check some cams... checked the one that I left over my opening day gut pile and got a surprise. Not once single yote but well over 100 pics of this guy 2c952f6f348b5fdc332908d37fcdc4a9.jpgc5b834b44dffff9f4492c8c1f1bd6d86.jpg166cf555f3ab1b778722e31a56799717.jpg

• Like 14

Im sure this is old news,, but who the heck is Mr B..

Sorry first thing comes to mind is Guns and Roses Mr Brownstone ..

Mountain lions in wny, chupacabre, Bigfoot, sasquatch, mermaids. Some say they swear they are real, others disagree. Proof of existence is minimal.

I sometimes think of it as the Norman bates scenario. Especially fitting that Norman could be called Mr B.

Lol, come on growie. That's a bit funny, right ??

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Left work early and came up to camp this afternoon decided to go check some cams... checked the one that I left over my opening day gut pile and got a surprise. Not once single yote but well over 100 pics of this guy 2c952f6f348b5fdc332908d37fcdc4a9.jpgc5b834b44dffff9f4492c8c1f1bd6d86.jpg166cf555f3ab1b778722e31a56799717.jpg

I’m not much of a bear guy, but, that looks like a rather large bear to me in the photos. 

I’m not much of a bear guy, but, that looks like a rather large bear to me in the photos. 

I’m not a bear guy either but I was thinking they same thing. My neighbor seems to think In the 5-600 range

• Like 1