Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

She’s keeping the streak going. 272d2abd932a983d8e45bf378015f2e6.jpg&key=681ada72b7c460cc899759b8a0fb13a35f2c5211c5838f7767bbdfccc0e97413
This is crazy. It’s ball shrinking cold out and nothing moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cracks me up my boy is the same way lol. Spends more time on watch sleeping than awake

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I had a crazy sit. Missed a beautiful blonde coyote at 60 yards, then an hour later I missed him AGAIN at 25 yards! I suck emoji35.png. Saw two different foxes and a mink, then killed a doe

You have my respect most guys don't like to say when they miss I always think it  was the scope or iron sits being off  or the branchs that got in the way when I miss for some reason never happens when I target shoot .

Nerves maybe but it happens once in the while even to the best of us. Part of the hunt 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

You have my respect most guys don't like to say when they miss I always think it  was the scope or iron sits being off  or the branchs that got in the way when I miss for some reason never happens when I target shoot .

Nerves maybe but it happens once in the while even to the best of us. Part of the hunt 

I literally felt myself yank the shot, amateur hour. I pulled a card on the way out, I'll be focused this late season!

STC_0013.JPG

STC_0014.JPG

STC_0015.JPG

• Like 4

Go slow ,he's in the area  ,don't let him see you first. Goodluck

Snowing pretty good. I left at 1030am. Will try sitting total different spot this afternoon in an attempt to catch him before dark

I had a crazy sit. Missed a beautiful blonde coyote at 60 yards, then an hour later I missed him AGAIN at 25 yards! I suck . Saw two different foxes and a mink, then killed a doe

I’ve missed a few fox and yotes over the years. Same with my dad. I think we always miss high.

Went out with the bow this morning in anticipation of seeing signs of the 2nd rut. I wasn't disappointed. Ended up seeing 7 does, a spike , and a busted up 8. His G2 and G3 are broken off on his left side. He'll be a good one next year. Last week I rattled in the same 8 and let him walk. This morning I spotted him about 100 yds out and hit the can. He came in on a string. As he walked off, I watched him make a scrape. Not too long after that I got a pic of him on my cam following a doe. The spike that I saw had his nose to the ground and was bird dogging back and forth. No sign of my target buck, but still a good hunt for mid December. Looks like the 2nd rut is right on schedule. image.thumb.jpeg.b18755bcd8629c7634f1f0c29ad70361.jpeg 

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 8

Just got in from a morning hunt. Set up in a hardwoods strip between two sets of pines. Nothing all morning but squirrels all over the place. Only shots fired were between 6:55 & 7:20. :angry:

Didn't have a fireball so I tried a cinnamon...that didn't work either. Heading back out in a little bit to watch the trees grow old.

sat1.jpg

sat2.jpg

sat.jpg

sat3.jpg

• Like 2

I did something I said I would never do. Shot at a doe head on at about 100 yards. I hit her lost the trail and found it again. She lost a lot of blood but keeps on moving. My son spotted her but couldn't get a shot. He said she was bleeding front and rear. Going to wait an hour before tracking her more .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It's snowing pretty good now in 3J. Went across the street to the property owners brothers property and wacked a doe.

I was planning on doing a small drive for once, but I intercepted them as they made their way to a small stand of pines. I spooked about 7 at first because I was too excited to take the 80 yard off hand shot. Followed them in the snow, but lost the track because at the time there was only a small amount of snow. Oh my way back I spooked one more in the ravine and watched it run towards a private road. Well it stopped right before it and luck would have it, someone was driving down the road spooked the deer right back to me into the ravine . It stopped exactly broadside at 60 yards and I took the shot. I saw the flinch and watched it struggle to run with its tail tucked. Blood trail was good and it only went maybe 60 yards. Still have another tag for this area so I'm going to go for one more today if I can. Trying to convince my parents to let me go out tomorrow as well. We'll see if I can

• Like 3

No shots this am in Columbia county- saw 4 doe in varying locations out of town Angela for the 12 gauge. Snow started around 11 - decided for comfort over the all day sit so will heard back out at 2:00 to freshly fallen snow.

Not one flake yet, but very thankful to have one hanging.  Group of 4 does came through on a fast trot and only one presented a shot through the trees after finally getting them to stop.  Neck shot at 64 yds through a small window and drt.  Couldn't ask for a better outcome.  

So third hunting season ever, first seeing deer, missed out on a bunch of opportunities due to my own inexperience, but now 2 for 2 with the Tikka.  Still have tags left.  Life is good. :)

• Like 8