Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Send those does to 9H   I’ll be happy to lessen the number. 

Lol. I should add that this was in 1c. Our season goes until the end of January. We have unlimited doe tags and in another week or 2, it will be game on! I usually like to wait until the end of the second rut before I do my part in thinning the herd. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chrisw said:

5 of us in 7M today, I was the only one to see a deer, a spike at 9:30AM. Hardly any shots despite a fair amount of people in the woods.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Feel you there 4 of us drove a bunch of pieces in 7m and 7p no tails, no tracks. Couldnt tell you what a deer looked like havent seen one since my opening day buck.

Hey Biz where in the heck/how will you transport that 8pt in that BMW.I was thinking with your money you would at least have a Truck

I call in my Dad with tow hitch trailer on his SUV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Feel you there 4 of us drove a bunch of pieces in 7m and 7p no tails, no tracks. Couldnt tell you what a deer looked like havent seen one since my opening day buck.
5 of us were also there opening day and the buck I shot was the only deer seen that day also. It's been getting tougher and tougher down there the past few years.

Not a post sence this one.does that mean the next will be a buck strapped to the beamer?!

Finally met the 8pt in real life (2 times and zero shots). Sick to my stomach. Will type up story in my journal a little later.

• Like 1

Bingo ! Bagged one. ef06efb88556f7f96d5f857d3385c1e5.jpg&key=dbc57dd4cd5bdf93205c4cef66da944b61e4e4828142be4222bc0ba98785da4a

Way to go! Looks like a perfect shot. Ahem I mean cut. And good use of the new carrier. Not they way I’d hope to have seen it broken in but it will do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Way to go! Looks like a perfect shot. Ahem I mean cut. And good use of the new carrier. Not they way I’d hope to have seen it broken in but it will do.

Had to move the tree stand before the snow gets to deep.

32 minutes ago, chrisw said:

5 of us were also there opening day and the buck I shot was the only deer seen that day also. It's been getting tougher and tougher down there the past few years.

Yea thats what we all said.  The deer numbers here are getting worse every year. I wouldnt be opposed to them only giving doe tags out if your a land owner, disabled or a veteran.  They have to do something.

Was overlooking a ditch on my property that leads to quite a few apples trees and one tree was still holding quite a few apples. My hopes were high and was my first sit in this stand all season,  at  around 3:45 i saw a doe then 5 more. All were heading for that one apple tree. Even though i was in an elevated stand, picking shots in that ditch was tuff, cattails , twigs , trees, etc...i was leading the last doe and when she stepped into an opening the ole marlin 35 roared. Shot was around 80 yards, took out both lungs. She's a big ole doe.

20171209_162939.jpg

• Like 26

Connected this afternoon with a 7pt and a doe.  7pt was chasing her around.  They must have knew something was up cause we got in a staredown for a couple minutes.  Then they looked like they walked off, only to come back.  Tomorrow I’ll be butchering these two up. 

Congrats man! Any pics? Where’d you get them?

As today's reports come in, I'll add tomorrow's plan: Still hunting the majority of the day in 4H on public land with a good friend. Looking forward... he has a doe tag, and the tracks in the snow will lead us to bedding.

Congrats to all who harvested today!

Hope to get my buddy his first deer!

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 inches of fresh snow at my place when I left for work. Took me 30 mins extra to get to work tonight. Lots of accidents.

I’ll be out of here around 2-3am so I’ll be headed out to my blind nice and early. Hoping they put the feed bag on and come to my plot to eat. Might stop by the state land later in the day and see if I can catch a good track to follow in the snow. I love hunting in the snow. Good luck to everyone headed out tomorrow

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Are you sure you're not hunting in my spot? LOL Have you seen any deer at all during gun season?

I have not seen a deer since gun season opened. I've covered some great areas and places I have killed deer in the past. As long as it is going to be my last one I figure I will stick it out to the end. There is ways tomorrow joy joy:mda:

I will give the total run down after tomorrow. Good luck if you go out.

1 hour ago, Paula said:

When I got to Pavilion I had my hopes up because of the snow. I didn’t see anything, there were some good tracks. I think I am done. Here my my view today. 

E28BC34F-10F5-4B54-951B-6287063BFA03.png

Nice pic.  Samsung phone or new iPhone with better camera ? 

Last day of regular gun tomorrow. You gotta go 

4 inches of fresh snow at my place when I left for work. Took me 30 mins extra to get to work tonight. Lots of accidents.

I’ll be out of here around 2-3am so I’ll be headed out to my blind nice and early. Hoping they put the feed bag on and come to my plot to eat. Might stop by the state land later in the day and see if I can catch a good track to follow in the snow. I love hunting in the snow. Good luck to everyone headed out tomorrow

P-Run? We'll be there...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk
  • Like 2