Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Congrats man! Any pics? Where’d you get them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greene county.  Pics didnt come out good.  It was snowing pretty good and my iPhone was taking foggy pics. 

too bad u didn’t connect on the 8.  10 next year??? Lets hope.  

• Like 1

Fat lady is about to sing tomorrow for regular gun season.  Doe down , buck down. Just practicing for tomorrow. Using the climber for first time this year. Tight funnel at merge of 3 trails . Little ravine , between skirting swamp ,bottom of hardwoods , below field. Wind looks perfect. Going to be a high alert quick shot as I’ll be on top of them. Like an archery stand. Enough foreplay , it’s time to ... Packing light , youth 20 and .44 , no food and dark to dark. Let’s get ready to ruuuuuuumble 

• Like 11

I had two does tonight right around 4:00 I missed one a long  shot for me just over 130 yards or so, my gun and set up is more than capable was just driver error,, no hair,  no blood a clean miss which is a good thing..

I was shooting through some of the tree tops next to me I saw where a couple of small branches where  broken maybe deflected the  load.

Shot was way back in the corner in this picture.

IMG_1644.JPG

22 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

Wife coming out tomorrow she’s excited about this buck but I warned her I have no daytime photos. 

8D260394-DF37-4158-8669-F157CA868B20.jpeg

47E240FC-2CC9-4126-A279-E5A4AE98E109.jpeg

I got the same scenerio this guy comes through in the middle of the night every few days, was hoping my son would get a crack at him but looks like he will be even more impressive for next year and at least I can have a plan for early bow next season..

hope your wife connects ..

WGI_0003.JPG

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rachunter said:

this is pretty sad for me to read I've hunted Sarnoff most of my 30yrs. and taken some nice bucks always plenty off does to fill the freezer. I've given up on shed hunting around there because that under brush is out of control.  good luck out there guys

I saw some informational poster about how they use controlled fires to maintain Sarnoff. My guess is they haven't done it in a while. 

Shame as it's one of the larger public parcels on the island. 

58 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Nice pic.  Samsung phone or new iPhone with better camera ? 

Last day of regular gun tomorrow. You gotta go 

Its a iPhone 5s.  

I don’t know, I was so cold it hurt!  I am still wearing a jacket. 

• Like 1

Well that's a wrap for me this year. 2 does spotted all day and too far for shots. Season wasn't a total lose! I got my first muley in Colorado. I would love to be out next weekend with the smoke pole but my son turns 6 on Friday with the big shindig Sunday at the gym. So good luck to all my brothers and sisters that will still be going out. 

• Like 3

According to my FitBit , i took 15, 689 steps today and went almost 7 miles . That darned spike gave me a workout ! He zigged and zagged and went all over the place . As much as I hate snow it was a blessing today but that spike left some pretty good blood to follow !

• Like 4

For anyone who needs extra motivation this morning, here’s the lyrics of the day:

i got 100 guns, 100 clips

*#!% i'm from new york, New York

i got a semi automatic that spits

next time if you talk (you talk)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I get suited up in my garage, turn the lights off and walk out the side door and around the front only to almost run right into a doe! We scared the hell out of each other big time! I literally made it half way across the front of my two car garage and I look up and bam there’s a deer 3 ft in front of me! I quick turn my headlamp on after it turned and took one leap back, damn thing just stood there looking at me for a few mins. I said alright little girl, I’m going that way so your gonna have to move over. Walked her direction, she side stepped 8 for or so and just let me walk right on past her within 10ft.
That was around 540am. Been settled in the blind since 550 or so. What a beautiful morning! Got my heater fired up and the muzzy is ready to bark.

• Like 2