Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

This is only the second weekend up at the cabin  this season due to work and family obligations. Cold, no wind about 6 inches of snow on ground lots of tracks in front of my stand.  Lets hope they are hungry this morning. Should make for easy tracking on this fresh blanket of snow. 

This is only the second weekend up at the cabin  this season due to work and family obligations. Cold, no wind about 6 inches of snow on ground lots of tracks in front of my stand.  Lets hope they are hungry this morning. Should make for easy tracking on this fresh blanket of snow. 
My view...1ee46e9987689745481b184fe229aac2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 7

For anyone who needs extra motivation this morning, here’s the lyrics of the day:

i got 100 guns, 100 clips

*#!% i'm from new york, New York

i got a semi automatic that spits

next time if you talk (you talk)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Way to early for Ja-Rule Biz!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well finally back out. Had to drive 45 minutes to where I hunted opener on state land. One of the only places I got doe tags. Just a spitting of snow. Louder than all get up! Nothing sneaking up on me lol. I’m actually more excited for the next 9 days when there may be some actual snow accumulated so I can track em down.

bd3c5a2da87bb34f6c9713d861a5efc0.jpg

Live from the bed. 

8+ hours of driving yesterday. Much of it though snow storming conditions with a cranky toddler in the backseat. Got me all tired and not motivated at all to get out of bed. Hunting with snow is a rareish opportunity here but I'm just beat.

i was all prepared to follow tracks and go charging into some deer bedrooms today but I think I'll let them go one more day. 

Great morning some snow and cold.Had to call it to avoid frost bite on my toes 2 pair of hunting socks and toe warmers without any boot do to cast.was a nice morning and lots of tracks/Maybe later but for now warming up by the pellet stove GOODLUCK everyone

• Like 2

Great morning some snow and cold.Had to call it to avoid frost bite on my toes 2 pair of hunting socks and toe warmers without any boot do to cast.was a nice morning and lots of tracks/Maybe later but for now warming up by the pellet stove GOODLUCK everyone
I applaud your dedication.... Can't kill em on the couch !!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

When you’re not having fun you shouldn’t be out here. Not having fun. “Uncle “. Climbing down and outta here. Good luck people 9fc52df9edb24271af92cd61fe6dd42a.jpg

Look's like you need a warm beer/coffeee

Perfect morning to be out. Sat in 8x. 25 degrees with a NW wind pushing snow right in my face. Around 8 o'clock I had a doe work in behind me. Not huge but today she was big enough. She gave me a clear broadside shot at 80yds.  Put the crosshair on her shoulder and dropped her. I ended the season with a BANG

IMG_20171210_091211229_HDR.jpg

Edited by Bolt action
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else who has to drive to their spot sometimes just sit in the nice warm truck as it’s snowing sideways and wonder why it is you do what you do?

Perfect morning to be out. Sat in 8x. 25 degrees with a NW wind pushing snow right in my face. Around 8 o'clock I had a doe work in behind me. Not huge but today she was big enough. She gave me a clear broadside shot at 80yds.  Put the crosshair on her shoulder and dropped her. I ended the season with a BANG
IMG_20171210_091211229_HDR.thumb.jpg.d8dd13d5ed4ab5ac93a9749f0a5e5813.jpg
Well done....she looks nice and comfy in that blue tarp....glad you rescued her from those harsh conditions!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk