Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

decided last minute to take one of my guns for a walk, snuck up to the hidden field and watched 10 doe and the big 8pt. feeding, really had no intentions of shooting a deer so I just watched them till 4:30 and walked back to the truck, came back to the house and set the gun in the drying room as it was covered with snow. will have to give them all a good wipe down tomorrow.

Froze my balls off and had a group of three come in, I was with a new Hunter and told him to shoot one of the two big ones. I watched as he squeezes one off over the back of the Tiny one lol. Oh well on to muzzleloader. 
I would have lined one up and shot and tried for a double but only have the one doe tag so figured he'd get first crack. 

Which state land did you hit?

23 minutes ago, vizslas said:

Looks like another heart shot. On to muzzleloader season on a high1a0edeb5ef0d866e5c3b92b152c9c6b4.jpg

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Nice shot.

That picture reminds me of two songs. Anticipation and Hungry Eyes! Good dogs!

• Like 2

What a way to end my FINAL gun hunting season. A nice x-mas snow falling. Surprised to see four inches on the ground when I got home but wasn't surprised to see three deer jump in front of the truck on the way home.

No tracks in the woods going in or coming out and did not hear a shot fired all afternoon. First season I have not even seen a single deer.

today.jpg

today1.jpg

today2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Well it is over for me.  Nothing harvested except coyotes.  Did see several young bucks that got a pardon this year, maybe they will come back next year and visit.  For me tag soup again, take one quart of beef stock, add two celery sticks, three carrots………. oh hell everyone knows that recipe.  To all of you who made this season so much fun for me, thank you.  A special thank you to Tom and his fantastic trackers.  They made some very long days not in the woods as special as being in my favorite blind.  To all of the guys and gals on HuntingNY, have a wonderful and joyous holiday season.

Poppy

• Like 14

I had a good season...got out a bunch, saw  lots of wildlife, harvested some deer, and best of all, got to share most of it with my son Colton!  To top it off, I was with him when he harvested his first deer!  Looking forward to getting our flintys out a couple times this week!

Good luck and be safe!

Dino

• Like 7

Hunted yesterday for the morning. Had 3 small doe all in range but another deer behind them was blowing the alert. I passed the 3 thinking the one blowing would follow them but never did. Later in the morning my buddies Dad had 3 doe run by chased by a 6pt. Maybe it was the same group? But will never know.

Hunted another property today with 8 other guys. We did some drives and took 2 doe and a 10pt. (No shots for me) Not a bad morning with very little snow cover. Looking forward to front stuffer season this week. I'll have Saturday through Tuesday to make some memories.
Here's the 10pt.
2bddfb2cdbdc3ce3e1a858e076234177.jpg90f247ff49f92ba85c0197374bdeaa94.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 26