Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

12 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

If I had a 2 hour delay I would have hit the woods this morning, I was really hoping. I should probably mention I'm a school teacher so yeah I would love a snow day or a couple 2 hr. delays this week.

Killed my biggest ML buck on a snow day, some years back when I worked in the school system.  14"-18" of fresh snow.  Even I can track in that!  Jumped up an 8 pt.  I gave him 15 minutes, then looped around on the downwind side and got to 60 yards.  I wish I was out there today!

• Like 4

Out of work and on stand by 1:45 in 8F. Windier than I thought it was supposed to be. Hoping to catch some movement before the main storm front moves through tonight, but not feeling to confident with this wind. So 2nd rut about now or already gone by? 

I did take a short walk out back. I did jump one no shot. He was down in the creek bottom in the thorns and rose. Multiple beds in there. Looked like he had been holed up there a couple days. From the sign I am thinking it was a buck. The beds were not huge so not one of the 10's.

I pulled the card by tower on way out and man the were moving last night. over 80 pics from 4:40pm yesterday until 4 am this morning. At one point i think there were five 1.5 year old bucks there at once.

Bout ready to go run taxi again.

• Like 2

Well, my path was gone.... Drifted over. Thought I'd have it easy from here on out. Ah well, face is windburned.... On walk out I was able to catch a few slick heads coming out to the field. Now I know where they are ! Will be back at it Thursday. I may even have some company join me (hint,hint). In reality though, a friend of mine is in a tough situation and if I can help by offering a 1hr hunt close to his house, I'll be satisfied. He's got a daughter that hunts, and I think that's awesome... Hoping I could be a part of a memory for them. We will see

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 11

I got up at 5 am and could not see a foot out the window with the light on. Went back to bed. Looks like we got another 10 inches overnight. It’s getting real now. No snow at all to too much just like I predicted!! Off to be snow day taxi again between work.

Good luck if your out. Ima have 2-3 feet by the end of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, JALA RUT said:

Out of work and on stand by 1:45 in 8F. Windier than I thought it was supposed to be. Hoping to catch some movement before the main storm front moves through tonight, but not feeling to confident with this wind. So 2nd rut about now or already gone by? 

You’d have far better odds on food source now than “2nd rut” I saw them chasing does early dec.

• Like 1

was gonna be off tomorrow but bagging it because of a high of 18 and also should be at work.   But still off friday, Sat , Sun and looking to take the very last day of muzzle.  I think this was supposed to be the year I filled that tag with a big buck and will be damned if i give up at the very end! 

• Like 1

Was out yesterday with two friends,one shot an 5 point buck,4 on the left and only a brow tine on the right,the rest broke off. Weighed inun at 145 #. 

Then we did a little drive in the afternoon and the other friend got a nice doe. 

I just saw tails. I am not going out today or tomorrow,but will try hard on Friday and the weekend.

Edited by BowmanMike
typo
  • Like 4

Planning to head out with my Bro for a couple hours after work.  He will be using his inline and I will be using my flintlock.  Like always this time of year, there are more deer tracks in my front yard then behind my house in the woods!  There deer sure do like my ornamental crabapple tree fruit...guessing they sweeten up a bit after some cold weather...planted a dozen or so "scratch and dent" crabapple trees last spring out back in an effort to continually naturalize my woods (old farm land 20 years ago).

Good luck and stay warm!

Dino

3 minutes ago, reeltime said:

If I can't be live in the woods, I wonder if the will let me do live from the operating room while they are slopping around in my guts.
Did NOT need this today, WAY too much stuff going on for this.

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

that doesn't sound good. what happened?

that doesn't sound good. what happened?
Gall bladder, it's full of stones and has started the infection route but they just bombed me with meds. Still here waiting if they don't get the lead out a their arse I might start without them then again maybe not they just told me I have a hernea that they want to fix while in there.

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

• Sad 2