Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Beautiful picture buddy!  Would make a perfect Christmas card!!  Sending good luck!

It was a brutal beauty with the wind. But I did catch an ice crystal reflecting the sun off a hemlock. It was an ornament.

Also - wish I had another pic to share, TF. I got a couple more hunts left...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Did some freezer filling this afternoon. Me and a buddy sat in my blind and had somewhere around just under 20 does come out into the field within a few min time span. We were both trying to get lined up on mature does but with so many running out so quick it was a bit confusing trying to figure out who’s shooting what and on 1,2,3 haha. My CVA made a perfect heart shot on my doe. She made it about 20 yards. I sure do like that damn cheap gun, shoots awesome.

My buddy missed his, says me shooting first by a split second threw him off a bit. I could have even bump him a bit with my recoil, not sure. But it was a good few hours spent in the blind with success at the end. Will drop her off at the butcher tomorrow, plenty cold to hang that’s for sure!! f80ce9abb4c19584944b48740b5d93a3.jpg&key=9f1e5f1333b01252d85944042ec1466e63d344195dfcee203e54516de5d206f6

• Like 20

7 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

O ya she’s gonna get frosty out there tonight. Our weather station says 2 degree wind chill. It was probably worse a little while ago when the winds were high.

I tihnk I would skin before it freezes.Congrats!

Priorities. No deer carrier on car and not a tag punched. Ballet drop and back to visiting mom (91) at hospital. Two cars in front of me hit a small racked buck. He was doing the Curly shuffle on Maple Ave. Probably could have ended his misery with Spyderco but now is not the time. He eventually got to his feet , I was flashing hi beams to other cars He’s not in great shape but Mom n Pop await my presence. Any prayers sent for Mom greatly appreciated Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

So what say you.  Are morning hunts worth a shot at this time of year.  I know pm hunts over food work but do I try to catch em going back to bed in the am?  Thinking about trying tomorrow. 

I was thinking the exact same . But gonna chicken out for tomorrow morn. Just too cold.  Sat morn will go but. But yeah every afternoon for sure. I look at this way . Not many days for options left so anytime is better than no time in the woods at this point.  Good luck. 

Priorities. No deer carrier on car and not a tag punched. Ballet drop and back to visiting mom (91) at hospital. Two cars in front of me hit a small racked buck. He was doing the Curly shuffle on Maple Ave. Probably could have ended his misery with Spyderco but now is not the time. He eventually got to his feet , I was flashing hi beams to other cars He’s not in great shape but Mom n Pop await my presence. Any prayers sent for Mom greatly appreciated Thank you.

14 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Can always eat at the goat if no venison in the freezer.  Good luck with the folks and their health for sure.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Prayers for your Mom, TF.  You can always find more deer.

43 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Prayers comming your way Her way