Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

18 minutes ago, halfnelson said:

Baffin boots are super!  We used to sell them in our store!  They were great!!!

They are big though.  Ordered 14 and if I take the inserts out I bet shaq could wear them.  Might be tough on our tiny cheap ladder stands. Worth a shot if they are as warm as claimed.   Only sporting one set of socks so we shall see.   

Open sights are NOT my forte. I missed a doe at 50ish yards and then an hour later missed again at 25! That second one had a tuft of hair above her shoulders, I assume I shot high the first time as well. The second one hung around for quite awhile so I was able to check her out real well with binos, just a haircut. No blood at all. Awesome morning anyway. Tons of man tracks from last night too, still had deer moving. Thats most likely a wrap for me as I cant hunt tomorrow and Sunday is iffy. Traveling Monday and Tuesday which was poor planning on my part.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Open sights are NOT my forte. I missed a doe at 50ish yards and then an hour later missed again at 25! That second one had a tuft of hair above her shoulders, I assume I shot high the first time as well. The second one hung around for quite awhile so I was able to check her out real well with binos, just a haircut. No blood at all. Awesome morning anyway. Tons of man tracks from last night too, still had deer moving. Thats most likely a wrap for me as I cant hunt tomorrow and Sunday is iffy. Traveling Monday and Tuesday which was poor planning on my part.

Open sights are tough for my eyes now too.   

8 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

They are big though.  Ordered 14 and if I take the inserts out I bet shaq could wear them.  Might be tough on our tiny cheap ladder stands. Worth a shot if they are as warm as claimed.   Only sporting one set of socks so we shall see.   

Ive got some great pac boots but they arent tall enough. I had to break ice to get to  my stand today

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ive got some great pac boots but they arent tall enough. I had to break ice to get to  my stand today

These are as tall as my mucks and waterproof.    Big /heavy but otherwise seem perfect assuming they are crazy warm.   

46 minutes ago, grampy said:

C'mon buddy, lets get in the holiday spirit, and put some red in that snow!!

Ask and you shall receive!   Not the biggest girl but the bigger of the two I snuck up on.  Dropped in tracks thank God.   Bored in stand so took a walk.   Now to get one with the bow and tag out today.   

IMG_1467.JPG

• Like 26

4 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Good stalking Moog! Snow around me is crunchy.

Not bad here.  Pretty quiet.   Heard about 6 shots too.  They are moving.  Had a group of 6 at 150-170yds but I am not that good of a shot off hand.  Didn't even try.  These Baffins are as warm as suggested.  Between that and the new hat I am plenty toasty.  

Edited by moog5050

28 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Ask and you shall receive!   Not the biggest girl but the bigger of the two I snuck up on.  Dropped in tracks thank God.   Bored in stand so took a walk.   Now to get one with the bow and tag out today.   

IMG_1467.JPG

Congratulations! Way to go! Nice shooting!  That's the spirit!!!  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

IMG_1467.JPG

You sure a Sasquatch didnt lay that there as a gift to you? Get a cast of those prints

• Like 4

Took afternoon off. Got to spot with doe encounters last time. 2out of 3 south side spots taken. One with a doe already in the carrier. 

Headed to northern spot in the main lot. Not ideal but what can you do. 

Bumped two teens making out in the lot. Human rut is always on. 

Saw sone turkeys on trail into northeast corner. Time to found s good set of tracks and hope for the best. 

Light snow falling. Gorgeous. 

• Like 1