Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Forgot to show a pic of what I've been doing the last few days. I smoked some of the deer that I shot this year. Came out pretty good this year. I'll have to shorten the amount of time it stays in the salt though. IMG_6396.JPG

Here is also a pic of my first duck. It's a black duck for sure. Ended up getting two mergansers and 2 geese on my way out. IMG_6405.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I can't believe I'm doing this, but yesterday I drove from Rochester to my property in 7M just for the afternoon watch, and then back to Rochester. I needed to take care of business here today, but am driving back to 7M at 3:30 AM from Rochester. I'll spend the last day of this season in the woods, then drive back to Rochester to put this season behind me. It's a 5 hour round trip! What is wrong with me!     :  0

Edited by New York Hillbilly
spelling
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Forgot to show a pic of what I've been doing the last few days. I smoked some of the deer that I shot this year. Came out pretty good this year. I'll have to shorten the amount of time it stays in the salt though. IMG_6396.JPG

Here is also a pic of my first duck. It's a black duck for sure. Ended up getting two mergansers and 2 geese on my way out. IMG_6405.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice smoke house/barn you have there........

DUDE, are you messing with us, is that an open fire in the building?  You've got balls of steel!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, New York Hillbilly said:

I can't believe I'm doing this, but yesterday I drove from Rochester to my property in 7M just for the afternoon watch, and then back to Rochester. I needed to take care of business here today, but am driving back to 7M at 3:30 AM from Rochester. I'll spend the last day of this season in the woods, then drive back to Rochester to put this season behind me. It's a 5 hour round trip! What is wrong with me!     :  0

When I was younger, it didn't bother me to leave the house at 2am to drive to Pennsylvania for spring gobbler and hunt till 11am.  It made for a brutal ride home.  Especially the second day in a row...........

Good for you & good luck!

4 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Nice smoke house/barn you have there........

DUDE, are you messing with us, is that an open fire in the building?  You've got balls of steel!

Its actually the landowners smoke shack. Hes been smoking meat in that shack for the last 5 or 6 years so I know its safe. We never put more than 3 or 4 logs at a time so the flame doesn't get any higher than that. 

When I was younger, it didn't bother me to leave the house at 2am to drive to Pennsylvania for spring gobbler and hunt till 11am.  It made for a brutal ride home.  Especially the second day in a row...........
Good for you & good luck!

My neighbor and I leave at 1am, drive three hours to Watertown, paddle 2.4 miles and kill a limit of ducks. Paddle 2.4 miles out and drive home. Last year I drove right from that to Secaucus 5.5 hours to work. This hobby of ours makes us do strange things lol
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

So the entire time that fire is burning he’s setting there on a log watching?  

I don’t think so!!

I was not, but my family has been smoking like this for as long as I can remember as well as the landowners family doing it back in Spain. I did check on it frequently, but since the windows are always closed the fire really settles down after a few min. 

4 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

I was not, but my family has been smoking like this for as long as I can remember as well as the landowners family doing it back in Spain. I did check on it frequently, but since the windows are always closed the fire really settles down after a few min. 

You learn something new every day.  

9H and last day. Sneaking out for a few hours.  Need to grab cams , blind , 2 folding chairs , 2 turkey strut chairs all in blind   Brought kids sled to latch them to. Brothers attorney has all the paperwork so closing on property any day and need to get my stuff out. Guess they get gifted my ladder stand as it’ll be frozen in. Parked in my bushes off road. Don’t think I’ll be stuck later but we’ll see. Waders with me to cross creek. The windmills are loud with this wind. 38 degrees. Not expecting much today but at least nice to be out here and for the last time   Shoot straight people. It’s now or never. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, New York Hillbilly said:

Dain bramage?