Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Are you freaking kidding me ? Little 6 at 25 yards. Pop goes cap and no boom ! Wtf. Pulled plug. Ram rod out old crap.  Going well til ram rod hits stand platform   And he’s gone. Thought I’d have a chance to reload until clank.  Had hangfire second day of regular season.  Probably as brought gun in house. Gun has been in unheated detached garage   This season for me personally wasn’t meant to be. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Are you freaking kidding me ? Little 6 at 25 yards. Pop goes cap and no boom ! Wtf. Pulled plug. Ram rod out old crap.  Going well til ram rod hits stand platform   And he’s gone. Thought I’d have a chance to reload until clank.  Had hangfire second day of regular season.  Probably as brought gun in house. Gun has been in unheated detached garage   This season for me personally wasn’t meant to be. 
I reloaded this morning just because of that. It was awfully damp yesterday with the rain

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Damn that stinks. I don’t know much about ML’s but are you saying it stays loaded all season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch TF!!
I never bring the ML in loaded. I leave it in the cold garage. I also pull old load and put in new ever few days or after hunting in rain or snow. I also electrical tape the end of the barrel.

I save the old loads for target.

If the 6 was moving others will too!

Ouch TF!!
I never bring the ML in loaded. I leave it in the cold garage. I also pull old load and put in new ever few days or after hunting in rain or snow. I also electrical tape the end of the barrel.

I save the old loads for target.

If the 6 was moving others will too!

Not in pendelton 25 mph winds. Nothing moving except my tree wtf

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

All I can do is shake my head and laugh. Never had a problem in years past. Carry this thing all regular season. Always brought gun in house too. After hangfire second day of gun I’ve been leaving in unheated garage. Tape over end of barrel   Chip shot too. Perfect end to my season lol. During regular season that would have been ideal for the .44 Blackhawk. Live and learn I guess. 

I had trouble one season.  I decided it was from taking the ML in and out of the warm truck.  I've had better luck keeping it in a hard case and only getting the cab warm enough to clear the windshield.  Who knows if it makes the difference.  My ML did fire all 3X I checked it this season.

A few year's back I tracked a buck for half a day in the snow.  Caught him as he moseyed up to a group of does.  I leaned off a pole maple at 35 yards and the cap popped.  They scattered.  I put a second cap on and blasted a stump, the walked back down the mountain and called it a day.  I've been there...

Edited by stubborn1VT
typo

14 hours ago, Zem18 said:

I measured the chest girth on my doe and according to the charts, she had quite a rack! Big gal and the field pics make her look tiny.

And no it isn't my garage, it's my father in laws. 94f845f49ba417b67f2a471ab9fe1416.jpgf22d313f5109ef34585c4c47dcce681f.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

man my ocd alarm is at 11. haha. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Forgot to show a pic of what I've been doing the last few days. I smoked some of the deer that I shot this year. Came out pretty good this year. I'll have to shorten the amount of time it stays in the salt though. IMG_6396.JPG

Here is also a pic of my first duck. It's a black duck for sure. Ended up getting two mergansers and 2 geese on my way out.

I know the meat looks like it was handled fine, but something about food mixed in with old dirty wood propped up against the wall and a wheel barrow and kids toy just seems a little off to me.

Wow what a morning. I bumped 2 heading in and snuck to the spot I shot the doe yesterday. I was here 4 minutes, and out of the thick stuff pops out 3 small bucks which all paraded past me at 35yds. That got the heart rate up for sure. They made it past me and the wind shifted and bye bye they went. Cool encounter but I'm looking for doe.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belo said:
I know the meat looks like it was handled fine, but something about food mixed in with old dirty wood propped up against the wall and a wheel barrow and kids toy just seems a little off to me.

I can see where you'd say that. The wood is kept in a separate shack so it's very clean, and the wheelbarrow and sled is used to transport wood back and forth. In fact we don't even have the fire on dirt, we put down a large piece of iron to separate it from the ground. 

Edited by ATbuckhunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

that's the deer gods saying, look this guys has made it all season! haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

All I can do is shake my head and laugh. Never had a problem in years past. Carry this thing all regular season. Always brought gun in house too. After hangfire second day of gun I’ve been leaving in unheated garage. Tape over end of barrel   Chip shot too. Perfect end to my season lol. During regular season that would have been ideal for the .44 Blackhawk. Live and learn I guess. 

Sometimes all you can do is "shake your head and laugh".  And do like I do. Add it to my long list of "how I didn't kill a deer"!   :meeting:

• Like 3