Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Well that’s a wrap. It was a good season even though I went buckless again. But I saw a lot of bucks and I have some nice ones that I know made it so far as of Sunday morning. Next year will be the year for me at this property I can already feel it. The food plots and other land management things are making a big impact and I can only hope it continues to get better next year.

Most of all it’s another season making it through in one piece. No treestand accidents or anything for me or my hunting buddies. This I am glad for.

It has been a good time in this live from the woods thread, always the best thread of the year in my opinion. Congrats to everyone who drew blood and a hat tip to everyone else eating a little tag soup like me

• Like 5

Well that’s a wrap. It was a good season even though I went buckless again. But I saw a lot of bucks and I have some nice ones that I know made it so far as of Sunday morning. Next year will be the year for me at this property I can already feel it. The food plots and other land management things are making a big impact and I can only hope it continues to get better next year.

Most of all it’s another season making it through in one piece. No treestand accidents or anything for me or my hunting buddies. This I am glad for.

It has been a good time in this live from the woods thread, always the best thread of the year in my opinion. Congrats to everyone who drew blood and a hat tip to everyone else eating a little tag soup like me

56 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

9H. 30 degrees. 10 mph wsw wind. Perfect wind to set my climber up over the funnel. Good luck to everyone on the last day of ml season. Make it count today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is your day!!!! :)

Edited by sodfather

9H. 30 degrees. 10 mph wsw wind. Perfect wind to set my climber up over the funnel. Good luck to everyone on the last day of ml season. Make it count today.

I’ll bet you practically have those woods to yourself today, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I don't know if you guys are joking, but I would hate to see someone run out thinking today was the last day of muzzleloader. Muzzleloader season ended yesterday, Tuesday Dec 19 in the Southern Zone. Today is Wednesday, Dec 20. I got this from page 25 of the rules guide. If I am crazy or wrong, I apologize in advance.

Hunting is still open on in Westchester County and Suffolk County, but TF is in 9H.

Edited by goosifer
added Westchester and Suffolk county still open

18 minutes ago, goosifer said:

I don't know if you guys are joking, but I would hate to see someone run out thinking today was the last day of muzzleloader. Muzzleloader season ended yesterday, Tuesday Dec 19 in the Southern Zone. Today is Wednesday, Dec 20. I got this from page 25 of the rules guide. If I am crazy or wrong, I apologize in advance.

Hunting is still open on in Westchester County and Suffolk County, but TF is in 9H.

That is what I was thinking...

I was thinking the same thing. It ended yesterday outside of Westchester and Long Island.

What a great morning to be in the woods for the last day of deer season! Glad I decided to skip out of work this morning! Had this nice fatty doe step out to feed on my corn pile and salt lick, so I let her have it! Probably the last deer that gets shot at the farm here in 8H this year!

5CF827A1-FB4C-4191-BECF-7FDA5D27E1BE_zpsqjldo6s4.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

What a great morning to be in the woods for the last day of deer season! Glad I decided to skip out of work this morning! Had this nice fatty doe step out to feed on my corn pile and salt lick, so I let her have it! Probably the last deer that gets shot at the farm here in 8H this year!

5CF827A1-FB4C-4191-BECF-7FDA5D27E1BE_zpsqjldo6s4.jpg

Time on the pic is 5:50 am, that scope gathers some light!

• Like 3

Just now, The_Real_TCIII said:

Time on the pic is 5:50 am, that scope gathers some light!

Well I had to wait to take the pic until I had good camera light. That scope is awesome, Especially when I have the Moultrie automatic feeder light hanging over my bait pile. The scope does really well picking up the silhouette of the deer in the dark!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, crappyice said:

This just turned into the “Live from the beer threads after party” you boys hitting the sauce a bit early today?!?

I dont know about sauce, but this Kahlua tastes great in my Monster Java drink! Perfect for a late season poaching.....errrr I mean hunt!

2 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I dont know about sauce, but this Kahlua tastes great in my Monster Java drink! Perfect for a late season poaching.....errrr I mean hunt!

Enjoy the drinks! And remember, the success rate is always higher in the off season! So get out and hunt! :drinks:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Enjoy the drinks! And remember, the success rate is always higher in the off season! So get out and hunt! :drinks:

If only people would report their takes in the off season..DEC would really benefit from having accurate numbers! Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, grampy said:

I almost spilled my bottle of vodka when I set it down on the center console of the truck to take the shot on that doe earlier. That would have been unfortunate.

• Like 2