Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

15 hours ago, rachunter said:

if I remember correctly they found tritium in a few deer after a leak was discovered years ago at brookhaven lab.

here's a link about the leak :http://www.nytimes.com/1999/11/09/nyregion/brookhaven-finds-high-levels-of-tritium-in-monitoring-well.html

They did find a leak, but I don't think that's why you need to check your deer in from those locations. The groundwater runs south and Brookhaven State Park is north of there. Wildwood is several miles NE of the lab. I'm pretty sure that the biologists age and weigh the deer to determine the condition of the herd. I'm not sure but I think all deer taken on state land must be checked in during archery. During gun season, the defineatly need to be checked in from all state land. 

2 hours ago, NonTypical said:

They did find a leak, but I don't think that's why you need to check your deer in from those locations. The groundwater runs south and Brookhaven State Park is north of there. Wildwood is several miles NE of the lab. I'm pretty sure that the biologists age and weigh the deer to determine the condition of the herd. I'm not sure but I think all deer taken on state land must be checked in during archery. During gun season, the defineatly need to be checked in from all state land. 

you are correct your suppose to check your deer in a the check station.

Good luck are you still bow hunting or shotgunning?

I had a few guys back out on the shoty hunts so i'll be doing standby hunts from Friday thru Monday.

29 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

Single digits here. Supposed to get up to 15 this afternoon with the winds subsiding finally. Got some nice videos from my cam last night. I'll be in my blind this afternoon. 

6 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Live from the yote stand.... Can't imagine why the dogs ain't moving ! Take note of the top left number. 78c9b64a453039ba561dd97027b423ce.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My Foxpro screen looks nothing like that. But I have heard they like Dirks Bentley better than Blake Sheldon with distressed Garth Brooks in the mix. Challenge calls of Brooks and Dunn later in season 

3 minutes ago, First-light said:

When you check in a deer at the Ridge check station they age it and sometimes weigh it. Brother shot a doe a few years back and it aged at 9 years old. 

They where collecting heads and blood samples at ridge a few years ago. They've always aged and weighed deer there no matter where it was taken on the island.I don't know if they cut it back to those two areas only.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Good luck are you still bow hunting or shotgunning?

I had a few guys back out on the shoty hunts so i'll be doing standby hunts from Friday thru Monday.

I'll be hunting with the bow this evening. I don't have plans to hunt with the gun until the end of the month. 

Good luck to everyone that will be out for the opener today! 

Edited by NonTypical

My Foxpro screen looks nothing like that. But I have heard they like Dirks Bentley better than Blake Sheldon with distressed Garth Brooks in the mix. Challenge calls of Brooks and Dunn later in season 
Not even close man. Shania Twain howls with miley Cyrus distress.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I can see why they’d come in to kill the source of those noises .

• Like 1