Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Started hunting this new piece of state property 3 days ago. Saw some good sign ground scrapes and a lot of tracks. Hunted yesterday from 830-1pm with some doe estrous out nothing. So this morning after I dropped my wife at work I headed straight to the woods. Got out of the truck got ready and on my way about 830. Headed up the trail to my spot 1.5 miles away up the mountain. About 250 yards in cresting a hill theirs another trail to the right I took a few steps and seen some movement. So I raise my 3006 and look through the scope its a buck with its head to the ground zig zagging his way right to me. At about 50yrds he stops I fire a a 150 grain 3006 bullet right through the vitals he takes off I'm following him through my scope I see another opening lane and fire again dropped right there. Gave him about 10 minutes I could see the white belly and him. Walk up too him a nice Adirondack 6 pointer. My biggest deer yet horn wise. Both shots vitals. Big woods hunting on my feet. I'm very pleased with this deer and venison for my freezer. I'm going to try to post pics later.

Here's a pic of my November 9th 2017 buck better late than never. Hope 2018 deer season in the Adirondacks is just as good

201716.jpg

201717.jpg

• Like 4