Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Back in 3s for yet another warm evening...going with the bright shiny asics tonight (doused in scent killer and Evercalm)since the boots are sitting on the front door step - not as bad as Biz's pink socks but trying
0a9bd48d2c25dd88b46d7676acad8ab2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that was a unique encounter... caught some movement to my left just in time for it to go behind some trees. Pops out the other side and it’s an older gentleman. So I get down and walk over to get the scoop... says he’s walking a neighboring property and was looking for the lines, but, he’s been hunting it for years. I point him in the right direction and we shoot the breeze about hunting for a bit. At this point in time, what the hell? I tell him if he shoots somethig and it comes this way please feel free to track it, I hate to see a deer go to waste and believe in being neighborly. He thanks me and says he won’t be out opening day because he has a funeral. Out of everything, I think that’s what bothers me the most... is he pre planning one? Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s still 15 days away... no one is holding a human corpse that long! 

• Like 2

Temps are droppng again and the winds picking up..skies  starting to look like snow. .tomorrow in the swamp will be mighty frosty.

I have French veggie, venison  soup in the crock pot ..man will that be good tonight!

Edited by growalot

19 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Back in 3s for yet another warm evening...going with the bright shiny asics tonight (doused in scent killer and Evercalm)since the boots are sitting on the front door step - not as bad as Biz's pink socks but trying
0a9bd48d2c25dd88b46d7676acad8ab2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There you go! Always stay City Chic since you don't when you might need to be in a photograph.

18 minutes ago, Zuke said:

Well, that was a unique encounter... caught some movement to my left just in time for it to go behind some trees. Pops out the other side and it’s an older gentleman. So I get down and walk over to get the scoop... says he’s walking a neighboring property and was looking for the lines, but, he’s been hunting it for years. I point him in the right direction and we shoot the breeze about hunting for a bit. At this point in time, what the hell? I tell him if he shoots somethig and it comes this way please feel free to track it, I hate to see a deer go to waste and believe in being neighborly. He thanks me and says he won’t be out opening day because he has a funeral. Out of everything, I think that’s what bothers me the most... is he pre planning one? Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s still 15 days away... no one is holding a human corpse that long! 

That's the guy who is hunting with @Tughill Tamer tonight. He is planning for the funeral.

14 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Nothing so far here in 6g nice afternoon though 51 degrees with just a light breeze

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Are you ok? or is this a bogus post from your coworker/killer?

• Like 2

That escalated quickly. Watching the BB and next thing I know, 7 flatheads are scattering followed by a young buck. Could only see one tine on the right side. 3 little ones just ran under me as I typed.b5f3fa38dcbb56ee4e2874b379214613.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Spooky spooky

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

One hour to go..hoping decoy doesn't' scare doe away. The apples are all but gone now..Wind just stripped the trees.....though..they have been hitting the left over garden veggies digging beets ,carrots and munching hard on kale,broccoli and brussel,collard green leaves...They have to walk past the blind to get to gate..Good luck guys.

Edited by growalot