Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Thanks for this Doc.  It's great to know that we're all too stupid to even know how stupid we are.  :mda:

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Wind direction and the effects aren't discussed a lot because so few people really understand what causes it at various hunting locations. I always check both the TV and the computer for predicted wind directions, and seem to find that in my individual hunting locations the wind has a mind of its own. There are little subtle variations of topography in combination with developing thermals that finally steer the wind in several directions. When you get around deep ravines in hill country, you can often see results that look absolutely nothing like what is being predicted.

I would love to see a discussion here about wind direction (causes and effects), but I doubt that between all of us we have enough understanding to be very credible.

About the only thing I can offer is to repeat the value of milkweed seeds so that at least you can see what is happening with your scent. You probably will be shocked to see how there is no one wind direction.

• Like 1

Washed mud off Muck boots last night, went to put them on at my spot and the right one is soaked inside .....

Get near my stand and hear a deer crashing through woods, followed by a screaming coyote who ran all around my stand for sometime .

Just an  awesome start !

• Like 5