Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Rained all night  quite  in  last night  stand. Load bolt wont set. I have to reset string in a tiny 49.00 ladder stand. Sit down and 3 fawn feed right to ladder...2 more come down opposite  trail they go in different directions.  Either mom' locked down  or someone  is killing deer.

Edited by growalot

5 minutes ago, growalot said:

Rained all night  quite  in  last night  stand. Load bolt won' set. I have to remember cock in a tiny 49.00 ladder stand. Sit down and 3 fawn feed right to ladder...2 more come down opposite  trail they go in different directions.  Either mom' locked down  or someone  is killing deer.

There’s one sentence there I think you’re going to need to edit. :)

• Haha 5

Wow...lol done but you quoted so to late!  Hahaha...

Hey Bob..if your reading.. nice buck congrats, Mr B ,as you know I call him ,  showed me the pic this morning.  Ssshhh....your the first to make the connection...that I don't know:wink: please send me that luck...

Edited by growalot

I've thrown in the camo towel , bow season is done for me . Was going to hunt this morning then trim around two gun stands . But I had zero desire to get up at 4:30 and sit in a tree .

Not to pumped for gun either .

About to be live from the backyard range instead of my tree stand after discovering a loose screw on my xbow that was causing problems with the scope rail and arrow retainer spring.  Last night I took down the rail, added fresh thread locker and tuned the retainer spring to its proper setting (thanks Google).  Lubed and waxed everything too.

Can't hunt again until confirming this weapon is reliable.  I'm only going to practice with my broadheads going forward.  

Wood ducks make lots of noise. Seen one deer this morning in Pendleton, Niagara county. Going to bail in a bit my buddy has a dead car battery. Off to the rescue. Going to stop by Harlem gun center and pick up some powder for the smoke pole.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Wow..... Been a long time since I have had the shakes after putting an arrow in a buck..... That is up until an hour ago when I called a doe in that didn't appreciate all of pickets advances. Been down that path before and once again tipping the can over when the doe stopped running brought her right to what she thought was a ready doe..
Picket followed and stopped in the only open shot from that stand that is over 10 yards.
15 yard shot, I don't even know when I shot a deer at 15 yards last was I know it was a long time ago.

Said a quiet tribute to picket for the great chess game we have played over the past 2 seasons and sadly my my season is done, even likely for gun I am done.

Scrappy selfie but gotta do what ya gotta do, ain't no setting way back on this pic. What a stud of a buck.
8dd15d86c07ae76acab4ca5aaff13623.jpg&key=13db13052b590746a4f158faa3305e2ac05578fa5b4a1ed43d56d91b17a830ab

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

Great buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow..... Been a long time since I have had the shakes after putting an arrow in a buck..... That is up until an hour ago when I called a doe in that didn't appreciate all of pickets advances. Been down that path before and once again tipping the can over when the doe stopped running brought her right to what she thought was a ready doe..
Picket followed and stopped in the only open shot from that stand that is over 10 yards.
15 yard shot, I don't even know when I shot a deer at 15 yards last was I know it was a long time ago.

Said a quiet tribute to picket for the great chess game we have played over the past 2 seasons and sadly my my season is done, even likely for gun I am done.

Scrappy selfie but gotta do what ya gotta do, ain't no setting way back on this pic. What a stud of a buck.
8dd15d86c07ae76acab4ca5aaff13623.jpg&key=13db13052b590746a4f158faa3305e2ac05578fa5b4a1ed43d56d91b17a830ab

Wowzers !!! Picket. Worthy opponent. Job well done my friend !!! That feeling that the chase is over is as powerful as the feeling of that rack in your hands, finally. This is why we do it !!! Enjoy staring at him for the rest of your life !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow! Stud is proper!

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk