Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Been nestled in swamp stand since 6:15..left house  at 5:20..soaked through. Even phone in outer pocket was wet.32 and cold just drew down on a young doe at 12 yrds broad side...let her pass.  Not worth the effort to drag out of this swamp. ..I have some nimrod banging on something to my right..and construction beep,beep,beep......non stop beyond that and a tractor and sawzaw to my left.. I'm  in the middle of a freaking construction zone here..oh and frozen half solid.

• Like 2

Had a little 4 point directly under me. Had him in the crosshairs at 12 yards. Man he does not know how close he was to dinner with 2 days of bow left and a buck tag in my pocket. That took about all my restraint after seeing now 2 deer in the last 25 hours on watch. SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Had a little 4 point directly under me. Had him in the crosshairs at 12 yards. Man he does not know how close he was to dinner with 2 days of bow left and a buck tag in my pocket. That took about all my restraint after seeing now 2 deer in the last 25 hours on watch. SMH

If that happens to me this afternoon,I think he would be dead meat. Maybe not,i would prefer a doe ovet a small buck. Letting the little guys go seems to be working on the property I hunt,there are some nice ones around this year.

Hope that continues...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, growalot said:

Reel you'd  know me in a store..I'd  be the one talking to everyone:wink:

That' ok Bob got the message and told Mr. B...^_^

Now don't thank us ...send us some of that luck!..before our toes freeze off....lol

absolutely good luck wishes to all out hunting.

holy cow I shoulda left the phone turned off this morning. lol.

• Like 2

Had to move from my original spot this morning pinecones falling down like crazy. They can build up some momentum dropping from a 40 ft pine. I haven't seen nothing moving here yet in 6n but my nephew who is about 400 yrds from me seen to doe so there's hope. Good luck guys and gals.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just rattled in a 6 point a few mins ago. He came in on a string down this path and right underneath me. He looked to be possibly 3 but I’m hoping he was 2. Nice body on him but I’ll let him go. Hoping these bucks start to figure out it’s pretty safe around here and stick around more. I’ve definitely seen more mature bucks here this year compared to last. Another hour and a half and I have to get down. Good luck to everyone today

• Like 4

1 hour ago, growalot said:

Fletch..I'd HAVE Taken That Young bie in a Heart Beat Had I been anyplace else but the rose brush here is like a shedding machine  I need a bit more meat on their bones to make it worth it.

Like I said it was a close thing lol. I have a couple deer in the freezer, my doe and my sons NC buck. Plus this is out back on my property that my son hunts so better odds for him.

I feel sick now that I am at work and may need to leave early:rolleyes:

Deer movement has really slowed for me this week .but that always seems to happen right before gun. This eve us my last sit of bow.  Hoping for a good one to come out. Regardless it's been a great season for me.  Have seen over 90 deer in the stand this year and have seen some nice bucks just not quite in the right shot window. Have doe meat in the freezer so it's all good. Then onto the gun opener sat.  Sunday here looks like the possibility of heavy lake effect. Should be an interesting weekend

15 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Just wrapping up some work in Honeoye Falls and have my stuff, so do I just look for posted signs that say “Phade” or “Moog” on them or setup on the cut corn across the street?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Text me.  I will drop you a pin.  Maybe you will see a deer since I have been on a cold streak.  Honeoye Falls is supposed to be good hunting.

• Like 2

Guess I picked the wrong spot this past Sunday. My dad, who isn’t very tech savvy, sent me this pic from Sunday at 1pm in front of one of our ground spots.

It’s either the 8pt or big 7. 1pm in Sunday.

81ca7751edde740937d51eb7fdf64e60.jpg

• Like 6

Back at it for my almost last sit of the archery season. I have Friday evening left. I can’t complain too much, I have seen deer and the only reason I don’t have one in the freezer and on the wall is my own fault. Live and learn.

7B4BF5DA-48BD-4B8B-9635-5B2200EDB86F.jpeg

C37301E0-89C6-48F6-ACE5-53A545CF1278.jpeg

• Like 1