Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

3 hours ago, bartman9 said:

sat till dark... nothing was moving.  Hopefully she will have an opportunity during bow season.  This is her 3rd year with spending lots of time in the woods.  Hasn't had a good opportunity to connect yet.  

can all change any minute, i have to keep repeating this to myself sometimes even after many successful hunts.

Sitting in a stand in Mendon. Had to walk through wet grass. Trousers wet up to thighs. Forgot seat pad again. Started putting pack in tote and have to remove pad to do. At least I remembered all the rest of my crap.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Last night was muggy and buggy, this morning is foggy and boggy....wow, my sense of humor... last night I had a small basket chasing the girls around for every bit of an hour. He wouldn't let them in the field. They crashed around out in front of me and he was grunting up a storm. I thought it was a bit early and aggressive for the "pre" rut. Usually I see some chasing, some sparring and some finicky does, this was a typical rut style chase and the grunts were loud and sounded like tending grunts..... Either way, giving that stand a rest and I'm back in the blind for the am.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Same here Though at 9:45 I checked the apple tree cam...I had spooked a deer on the way in,not one deer apparently for there was a fawn "blur "across the cam and me in the next frame a second later this morning..lol dang near walked over it..lol Then on the pull there are 3 mature doe and a fawn 15 mins later there I am walking to the cam...So I know they are in the neighbors sanctuary up behind the apple trees..and they are bedding on the ridge where the new stand is... With the exception of the pasture stand...I now know that entire area is a afternoon only sit..except during turkey the flock was in the background of doe in front of my blind..I heard them leaving just before I did 168 pics all deer from yesterday mid morning  until a little bit ago, hope the wind is good for tonight...I fear I'm seeing a repeat of last year..with the added PITA of hundreds of acres of standing corn...with no cutting in sight, though I did see the big chopper in the shop when I drove by yesterday...but he has hundreds and hundreds of acres way more mature than the stuff in our area.

Edited by growalot

Yesterday I posted about the young bucks being on the move. This morning I watched this guy rub a tree by my stand. On the other side of me was a doe, a fawn who bleated several times, and a button buck. This buck later spotted the button buck and charged him with his head down and ran the button buck off.

valoroutdoors.com

Buck Rub 2017.jpeg

Buck Rub 2 2017.jpeg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Papist said:

Back in for coffee and bagels. Resting my achy back for the evening. I have learned that if nothing has happened by 9 am nothing is going to happen until the evening. Lovely morning tho

Not sure about that I see more deer between 10-12 than I do first thing in morning 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sodfather said:

Not sure about that I see more deer between 10-12 than I do first thing in morning 

But that depends on the area and stand location. I have stands that are within 50-100 yards of crops, so if I'm going to see anything, it'll be within the first or last 1/2hr of daylight. That is, unless its it's during the rut. Deeper in the woods, it's a different story. 

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I can't stand the suspense...........what'd ya do, forget to plug in the crock pot?????

I was wondering the same thing. Probably 1 of the following:

1. Growie had a trespasser shoot her tree

2. Growie got attacked by a coydogwolf 

3. Mr B’s gout returned

4. A wolverine tore up the inside of River’s blind

• Like 16

I was wondering the same thing. Probably 1 of the following:
1. Growie had a trespasser shoot her tree
2. Growie got attacked by a coydogwolf 
3. Mr B’s gout returned
4. A wolverine tore up the inside of River’s blind

You forgot one the ups guy hit her target buck on his way up the drive and gave the antlers to the neighbor who she hates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5