WNYBuckHunter

Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

On the metro north train (Hudson line). Just saw a nice racked  buck south of the Greystone station (6:07pm). Couldn’t get a pic or count the points.

I may or may not cross metro north tracks to fish, and you wouldn't believe the bucks I've seen hit by trains, coyotes too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

I may or may not cross metro north tracks to fish, and you wouldn't believe the bucks I've seen hit by trains, coyotes too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet. This time of year I make sure to sit on east side coming home at night before sunset and I just stare out window and always spot deer.

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

I can't wait for tomorrow, first time I'm letting my son hunt in his own stand by himself as ill be in my other stand.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jr8_jr8 said:

Got my son stand already, His first time in a stand on his own. c3c56b4c2ede67629361ffdb4255f8aa.jpg7606945610c4f285847eb1611d28ff74.jpg

Looks a good spot good luck to you both. Hope a monster walks by at 20 yards for him.

• Like 1

a866c3b224cde9303ac457d138110b95.jpg&key=885d8667efb46dcec8380e51e529e85e469cd55a4aafdb0b2a949980b24292f7this tom is a celebrity, he's always chilling at Klein and Paradise in East Amherst
If it weren't for the yuppys I'd of had him under the Chevy a few times. He Def likes to hold up traffic...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Looks a good spot good luck to you both. Hope a monster walks by at 20 yards for him.
That would be awesome, I think I would be more excited then him.

12 hours ago, DanielT said:

Foxy lady85fc8cbe76698244982906da52e0057d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Looks like a nice fat one. Usually they scrawny. Too bad they aren’t in season yet 

• Like 1

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

If it weren't for the yuppys I'd of had him under the Chevy a few times. He Def likes to hold up traffic...

Reminds me of the time I ran over a few ducklings. It was on a blind corner, I saw a couple cars pulled over and as I came around I see them squatting in the road looking toward the ditch on my side of the road. I didn't see the ducks until it was too late. With the people in the road taking pictures of these little ducks I couldn't swerve to the other lane to avoid hitting them and I wasn't slamming my truck in the ditch for a few ducks. Should of seen how mortified those city yuppies were as I steam rolled the ducks. Oops.

Looks like a nice fat one. Usually they scrawny. Too bad they aren’t in season yet 
Yeah I know..i drew the bow back for practice...she heard me...and took off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Rise and Grind, boyz! 6:51am legal shooting time 

5:23am, Big Buck Down! Just smoked one through the boiler room, the buck took a dirtnap! It was carrying a flashlight, weird right? But I definitely centerpunched the vitals!

• Like 6

Feels so good to be on stand again ... Good Luck all! Hunt safe, hunt ethically, hunt hard and have fun!

Haley and I are sitting this morning out. Wind is wrong for our morning double stands and we weren’t able to get the blinds out yet. This afternoon should be a different story. Good luck this morning guys. 

Been up in the tree since 545. Beautiful morning!! Chose to sit over my food plot this AM. Really want to hunt my creek bottom stand but it's too risky on pushing deer out as I go in. So I'll hunt that this afternoon instead. I dressed a little too warm this morning. But I didn't forget anything! Good luck all!

• Like 1

Not going to make it out this morning worked all night and stuck at work till 10am I will make the afternoon watch. Good luck to everyone and stay safe.