Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

That is less $ than two bumper repairs,I have a little more experience with that than I care for...

Exactly why every truck I ever own will get a ranch hand bumper. Well worth the cost for the piece of mind. My wife tells me all the time about the stuff she hits or bumps with it so I'm glad it's there lol

51 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

Good thing one of those Albany sheriffs didn't see you, you would be in jail still!!  LOL

HaHa.....Yes, they can go a bit overboard up here sometimes. Like the woman a couple years ago, arrested for grieving at her father and brothers grave site, "after hours".  

33 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Just arrowed a big yote at 15 yds, hit him a bit back I think but he's got a 2" hole through him, didn't want to risk trying to stop him so I let her rip

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Nice. Hope you recover the yote post pics!

29 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Nice. Hope you recover the yote post pics!

I personally wouldn't waste my deer hunting time recovering one of those stankin mutts...especially when it's wet.

I put one in my previous truck then I ended up just burrying it at home...never again.

Edited by OtiscoPaul

18 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

I personally wouldn't waste my deer hunting time recovering one of those stankin mutts...especially when it's wet.

I put one in my previous truck then I ended up just burrying it at home...never again.

he said it was a big one, so I'm thinking it might have a nice coat.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

he said it was a big one, so I'm thinking it might have a nice coat.

I know it's just me not being much of a trophy guy I didn't know what to do with it or who to deal with so it was a real waste of effort for me which I feel kinda bad about all around.  

I don't like to kill stuff I don't process and eat...not judging I'm just not into it.  It was a waste it had a real nice coat:

IMG_0649.thumb.PNG.a85f44bedf8d0d87926fe6f3fd8a19bc.PNG

Edit: congrats Chrisw nice shooting!

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

I was able to get out for a quick sit before work, I had that same six pt that looks like a pronghorn milling around eating apples but nothing else. Just my second sit of the season and now im traveling again for a week, Im selfishly glad the weather has been so "nice". I pulled a camera and have 54 videos including a nice 8 point, would post it if I knew how. This cheap Stealth Cam has now taken 700 pics and 54 videos and the battery still reads full

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Skin it or have it skinned and stretched. Send it out to Moyles minkery to get tanned. Great wall hanger   I'm sure there's a trapper amongst some of the hunters in your area to help you out. 

How do you skin them (where do you make the cuts, do you cape it)?

Edited by OtiscoPaul

19 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Changing at work in 10 minutes and headed out for a sit in a close stand for an east wind til dark.  this is my view from that stand!  Hope it has a deer in it tonite! 

Stota cutting.jpg

sat here last night and this am.  no luck.  Glad to see some does and a yote down from some of you folks .  Congrats 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grampy said:

HaHa.....Yes, they can go a bit overboard up here sometimes. Like the woman a couple years ago, arrested for grieving at her father and brothers grave site, "after hours".  

i live across the river but work in Albany.  once i cross the bridge i feel safe. lol 

17 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

How do you skin them (where do you make the cuts, do you cape it)?

Start an incision on the inside of the legs run that into an incision  that goes up to the neck then caper it like you would a deer.  Make the leg cuts just above the ankle and if you use a sharp knife you can usually get most of the paws off too.

• Thanks 1

I sat out this morning, about 8:45, a nice doe came through with her "fawns"  The one was a button buck, and walked over to my path in the weeds where I was sat up with my climber.  He came within 15 feet to the base of the tree before he turned and trotted off.  Pretty neat to watch them at those close distances.

• Like 4