Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Whoot! ,whoot! whoot! left at 7 just got back...CORN GONE! and they were harvesting the soybeans as I drove by the farms... So nothing but barren fields ...save a few stalks here and there......I do mean NOthing for at least 3miles in any direction.......The deer will be moving tonight for sure....They are just finishing the fields above me and the one behind neighbors sanctuary...

Edited by growalot
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, CanastotaCamo said:

Oh yea you are probably 12 miles north of me. I’m 6 miles south of the intersection where tops and rite aid are. Off of oxbow. I wish you better luck than I have had this year. Still haven’t seen a deer from the stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you must be near Franks shop.  Bought a browning 30-06 from him this fall that I cant wait to break in. I keep a log and have seen 24 deer so far - i also hunt spots in Durhamville, Madison and Augusta. Downed a doe in Madison - in a green field and shot one in stota that I couldnt find. 

I also bet that since you have brown corn-  that nearby you are some green fields.  With acorns (deer candy) and apples dropping and tasty green cloverfields around the area, the does find those tastier than dried up corn.  They will go back to it for sure. Also agree those young bucks might be harassing them a little, but they wouldnt be on cam unless there were a few does about. The does dont range far.  If you had them on cam they are still nearby, but maybe just hitting the next field over more right now.    

you must be near Franks shop.  Bought a browning 30-06 from him this fall that I cant wait to break in. I keep a log and have seen 24 deer so far - i also hunt spots in Durhamville, Madison and Augusta. Downed a doe in Madison - in a green field and shot one in stota that I couldnt find. 
I also bet that since you have brown corn-  that nearby you are some green fields.  With acorns (deer candy) and apples dropping and tasty green cloverfields around the area, the does find those tastier than dried up corn.  They will go back to it for sure. Also agree those young bucks might be harassing them a little, but they wouldnt be on cam unless there were a few does about. The does dont range far.  If you had them on cam they are still nearby, but maybe just hitting the next field over more right now.    

I’m a mile down the road from Frank’s. I need to get some equipment and get some plots up and running. Can’t compete with the professional ag land.

Hahahahah....Here's how tired I am. I'm sitting at the pc desk PC off with the Kindle...I start typing on the keyboard  telling how tired I am ,I have to take a nap and may not make it out ..I've been awake since 2a.m.

I look at Kindle screen ,no words??? I do that 3 Times before it hit me...typing on PC keyboard..LOL...going to sleep now..:bye:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Riddle me this:

Had upwards of 12 Doe on cama through September. I know the count because they were all on the same cam at the same time in the same video. Starting in early October all activity moved and nothing on camera since the 7th. I pulled cards today. I have nothing but small bucks through different parts of the property. A spike, 5pt, 6pt, Small 8pt. This activity started apparently a few days ago with a couple small scrapes appearing. My question is..... where are the does? I have never had all bucks and no does on any of my card pulls. So no does since 1 Doe and fawn on oct 7. I have DMP tags and need to put meat in the freezer. I really don’t WANT to shoot one of the young bucks.

Sounds like the bucks scattered them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I decided to hunt a ladder stand which I hadn't been to since last year its been in this maple tree for the better part of ten years and is a good early bow spot.. I walk in the trail and get about half way to the stand and my headlamp catches two pair of eyes watching me off to the right through the trees they don't bust out but watch me walk past and I climb into the stand,, the stand which has shoots of new maple branches 4' long growing around the stand from cut limbs from the previous year,, I spend the better part of ten minutes breaking branches and getting  things in somewhat of order so I can hunt it, I settle in and wait till sunrise and let out three light grunts,, ten minutes go by and a three point and croch horn follow the trail I walked in on and make there way across the clearing they end up 15' from my stand,, I wasn't interested in shooting either of them but it was a really neat morning,, they must of thought I was a buck thrashing a tree is all I can figure ...

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

45 this morn, at least the mornings are cool. I'm pretty sure it will be hunt in the am and fish in the afternoon this weekend!

i am thinking the same.  Maybe a bit of afternoon walleye drifting on Oneida lake. Off Sat - Wed, so hope to add to the freezer one day.  Good luck. 

• Like 1