Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I’m back to work today, figures, because we had a hard frost last night. Almost looks like snow on the ground out there. I was hoping to get a doe on the ground with Evan yesterday but it wasn’t in the cards. We saw a bunch of deer, just couldn’t get anything in range. This coming weekend will be Haley’s last chance, so we will be in the woods as much as we can be. Good luck to those of you who are out there today, the conditions look good!

• Like 2

I'll be lying in a ditch trying to shoot a goose...

I'll have so many clothes on, my is worry is being able to raise up into shooting position if  and when the birds set in...

I'll probably just lay there like a beached whale....Hehehehe...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

headed out ...Going to try a morning hunt across from the apple tree cam...haven't been in that stand since week one ...the apple tree has a new scrape at it....25 degrees...a tad chilly all deer showed up after dark last night...gosh shocked ,I'm shocked..

Well I had fun watching that "root ball bear" last night maybe I'll see some real wild life today...lol

Well I’m sitting the morning out.... woke up to a email that even though I’m on vacation I have a Conference call I need to be on from 7:30-8:30 oh well I wasn’t pumped for the first really cold morning or anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Well I’m sitting the morning out.... woke up to a email that even though I’m on vacation I have a Conference call I need to be on from 7:30-8:30 oh well I wasn’t pumped for the first really cold morning or anything

WAIT.........Don’t you see the sign?

Relax for a bit, do your conference call THEN hunt 9:30-2:30.  Trust me!

• Like 3

WAIT.........Don’t you see the sign?
Relax for a bit, do your conference call THEN hunt 9:30-2:30.  Trust me!

Gunna do some stuff with the wife for a few hours... then hunt 11 to dark

• Like 2

STOP SAYING PERFECT DAY!!!! The deer gods are getting pissed ! I'm not even out there today (jealous!) but feel badly for those who've been GOOCHED by the predictions of perfection.
Knock em down - keep us less fortunate posted

No getting in quiet  today..even grass was crunchy..so easy to hear deer and I did. Up in neighbors sanctary behind apple tree thought chasing until heard fight 5 min later I look to see 2 of the big boys running across road 10 yrds off hedgerow past the house and veer into our woods..so much for this morning...and it's  not even legal open yet..

Edited by growalot

45 minute drive this morning took me an hour because there were so many deer on their feet near the road including one real nice buck. Not sure how many points because it's hard to count them when I drive by in the dark, but they were tall and had mass. I think it was either 8 or 10. Either way nice deer. Today's the day..

Squatchy.

Gonna be out in the AM and bag my first doe with crossbow. I know nothing is guaranteed but feel really good about it happening.

Done.

Just got my first xbow kill two min after sunrise. 30 yards.

Ran about 40.

• Like 21