Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

8a had zero rut activity today. I had a small Spike pass with 15 yards at 7, saw 2 doe grazing at 8, then nothing until 3. A few doe moved within 20 feet or so behind some thick stuff. Blew a few snorts at me and walked off.. probably saw 20 while driving though including at least one really nice buck.. that's it for me until the weekend.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I punctured my lung when I was 12, never fixed it. been living with 1 lung since '96. I can still rip monster bong hits. But I'm not sure I could take a broadhead shot at 200fps.

just kidding, of course

About the punctured lung or ripping monster bong hits? Were you car shopping for a winter beater today?

• Like 1

About the punctured lung or ripping monster bong hits? Were you car shopping for a winter beater today?

Haha. You saw my insta? My boss is buying the White Porsche 911. I went along for the final test drive on the west side highway. Then the salesman gave us a tour through the garage (Manhattan Motor Cars). There were like 30 Bentley, Lambo’s, and Bugatti’s getting worked on. There was one for $2M lol. Funny money......unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. You saw my insta? My boss is buying the White Porsche 911. I went along for the final test drive on the west side highway. Then the salesman gave us a tour through the garage (Manhattan Motor Cars). There were like 30 Bentley, Lambo’s, and Bugatti’s getting worked on. There was one for $2M lol. Funny money......unreal.

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It started out with that baby blue Porsche ,my first thought was "no! No! Please pick a different color" haha.

It started out with that baby blue Porsche ,my first thought was "no! No! Please pick a different color" haha.

Haha, yea he’s getting the “chalk” color. Looked white outside but like a greying tint indoors. Pretty cool.

4 hours ago, grampy said:

Great spot! Good luck in there! I can tell you, they are on their feet and moving right now in that area!!!  Saw it with my own eyes yesterday! Pulling for ya my friend!

No luck for me there today...  Looks like there are quite a few humans walking in and out of there, judging by the tracks.  There was also a "high-tailed" it track leading out of there.  Small patches of the deep, decomposing leaves kicked up every 8 to 10'.  Something was spooked in there and bolted out recently.

Well no deer and Bob And Thor asked to come tomorrow to continue..long and short deer went opposite I thought.and a long ways before bedding..but we kicked him out in front of us. He was just pumping blood out both wounds.. Bob had been afraid the hit was worse but he said the new blood was definitely lung..We Went well over a mile and went from the top of hill to the bottom when he was crawling on his hands and knees though rose and swamp. Then we rounded the corner of neighbors to get to road and came face to face with their un tied dog. BOB was backing away with Thor when the dog decided to charge.. I jumped in front of him arms wide telling him he was a good dog. He stopped and paced back and forth as I backed away ..we got to the road through my cousin's place then called M r B for a pick up....So Bob hopes we'll find him dead tomorrow, he told Mr B we was surprised he made it this far and we could see he we digging in hard...Wow does my back andknees hurt..and I'm picking rose thorns out of me..Both Bob And Thor were troopers...some of the water was deep..Thor only had to correct himself a few times and did it on his own. It was dark when we got to the cars...

Edited by growalot
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, growalot said:

Well no deer and Bob And Thor asked to come tomorrow to continue..long and short deer went opposite I thought.and a long ways before bedding..but we kicked him out in front of us. He was just pumping blood out both wounds.. Bob had been afraid the hit was worse but he said the new blood was definitely lung..We Wend my well over a mile and went from the top of hill to the bottom when he was crawling on his hands and knees though rose and swamp. Then we rounded the corner of neighbors to get to road and came face to face with their un tied dog. BOB was backing away with Thor when the dog decided to charge.. I jumped on front of him arms wide telling him he was a good dog. He stopped and paced back and forth as I backed away ..we got to the road through my cousin's place then called M r B for a pick up....So Bob hopes we'll find him dead tomorrow, he told Mr B we was surprised he made it this far and we could see he we digging in hard...Wow does my back and blood hurt..and I'm picking rose thorns out of me..Both Bob And Thor were troopers...some of the water was deep..Thor only had to correct himself a few times and did it on his own. It was dark when we got to the cars...

Good luck. You will find him in the morning!

Such a great day. Rut is heavy on in7F. Bucks chasing does, 8 point chasing away a 4 point. Lone does wandering about...... Shot this yote from the ground at 30 yards on my way in. Had a doe trying to bust me for 15 minutes. Stood right in trail to the stand at 5 yards staring at me til dark .  Thought I was gonna have to shoot her just to go home and pickup my yote on the way out. Have to work tomorrow and it's gonna kill me... But my hunting buddy is off so I hope he gets one. Pic of tonites yote and the 8 point that busted me same one as this trail cam pic

IMG_20171108_180645829.jpg

Stota shooter.jpg

• Like 7

I can only hope but some of these properties I'm not sure about passage..Will definitely need to talk to a few. But we were head back towards our place again..Dear Lord..I'm hoping I can walk in the morning...or even now...Lol..wouldn't it be funny if we find him in our swamp...hope sooner than that though.

• Like 4