Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Heres some inspiration for you freezing guys out there...neighbor sent me a pic...her grand daughters dad shot his first bow buck...Hey Eddie don't give up on the SIL land this came from that area...I couldn't be happier for him ...he's a nice guy...

GetFileAttachment.png.c513c25b3e3fbbae4c3c14ed19243373.png
Thats a monster! Let alone first buck?! Way to set the bar at the highest level possible

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This stinks, not going to lie feeling a little depressed. I have been feeling progressively worse this week, having bad abdominal cramping throughout the week. I called my doctor and she thought it might be the start of another intestinal infection of which the last one put me in the hospital for 3 days during my summer vacation in June, so she called me in some antibiotics. Im almost done with the antibiotics and early this morning it got really bad feeling like I was going to vomit with my stomach in knot's, sore to the touch. I think it's a flare up of my colitis. So here its prime time deer hunting weather and I feel like crap. I even have a hunting vacation next week and now I'm unsure of how I'm going to feel. I feel like I have angered someone or just have the worst luck. Well that's the end of my whine, sorry for the rant. Hope to find a way to get out in the woods soon. I'm hoping maybe I will feel good enough tomorrow to wander in even if it's just 200 yrds off the road.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Sad 2

This stinks, not going to lie feeling a little depressed. I have been feeling progressively worse this week, having bad abdominal cramping throughout the week. I called my doctor and she thought it might be the start of another intestinal infection of which the last one put me in the hospital for 3 days during my summer vacation in June, so she called me in some antibiotics. Im almost done with the antibiotics and early this morning it got really bad feeling like I was going to vomit with my stomach in knot's, sore to the touch. I think it's a flare up of my colitis. So here its prime time deer hunting weather and I feel like crap. I even have a hunting vacation next week and now I'm unsure of how I'm going to feel. I feel like I have angered someone or just have the worst luck. Well that's the end of my whine, sorry for the rant. Hope to find a way to get out in the woods soon. I'm hoping maybe I will feel good enough tomorrow to wander in even if it's just 200 yrds off the road.

Hoping you start to feel better soon. Sucks being sick, been there, done that. Wishing you a change of luck!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Finally some chasing 4 bucks 9 doe 4 fawns this evening.
I agree and saw a nice wide buck chase a doe this afternoon. Have only seen small guys barely annoying small doe until today. Unfortunately that was all I saw around 3pm. Tomorrow is another day. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Hang in there Tug get better..

• Like 2

Finally thawed out. AMAZING DAY! this evening i saw atleast 10 deer. 5 or six bucks i cant remember. Best of all i watched a nice 125" 9 pt breed a doe, then come in to 25 yards. Got goid video of him and 4 other bucks this afternoon. 5 bucks all in range, only doe to come in range had the 9 following close behind. Putting my brother in law in that stand in the a.m.

• Like 6

Notta for me this evening. Can't hunt tomorrow unfortunately as my buddy is in from Colorado.
Biz- there is a farm stand but I've never been- hunting is across the street from the large field and fenced in crops- pretty mountainous and bunch of ridges that makes it difficult to guess the right ridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notta for me this evening. Can't hunt tomorrow unfortunately as my buddy is in from Colorado.
Biz- there is a farm stand but I've never been- hunting is across the street from the large field and fenced in crops- pretty mountainous and bunch of ridges that makes it difficult to guess the right ridge

Interesting

Had zero intentions of hunting tomorrow since I️ have plans at 930am, but after today’s windy debacle I️ can’t turn down tomorrow. Last chance with xbow. Wind dropping down from 20 to 7mph by sunrise and 17 degrees at sunrise. So I’ll hunt till 830am and hope I️ shoot a nice and ruin my plans for the day!

• Like 3

Soooo this afternoon turned out to be one of my all time favorite hunts and I️ didn’t even kill anything. I️ swear it felt like how you wny guys talk about it..... wife went out to get her hair done today and left me with the baby.... she came home at three and gave me the nod to go sit till dark. I️ quickly got dressed grabbed my bow and headed to the food plot stand... was almost there when I️ noticed a fork horn standing midway between me and the plot. We had a stand off and he decided to ignore me and headed to the plot to eat. I️ said screw it if he’s ignoring me I’m going for the stand. Well half way to the stand he spooked, I️ saw him and another flag running up the hill. Any way I️ climbed my stand got in and figured I’d see what happenes.... an hour goes by and nothing... then I️ hear it crunch crunch crunch, a small doe crosses the drainage and heads for the plot. Behind her I️ see a small 4pt crossing the ditch. He crosses and I️ hear a grunt, I️ notice one of my shooters a hood 8 coming down the hill and he chases the 4 out he’s within range but no shot due to branches.... him and the doe hang up for a while before heading out in different directions.... two minuets later the 4 Point is back joined by a small 5, they head out into the plot to eat. After about 5 min a random doe comes sprinting down the hill and out of sight, it’s now after legal and I’m trying to plan my escape when another doe does the same.... ok now I️ gotta go the wife is texting asking about dinner. The 4 and the 5 are still there and I️ don’t want to spook them, so I come up with a plan I’ll hit the grunt tube loud so they thing a big boy is there and maybe they will leave. I️ hit the tube and they both look at eachother. I️ hit it again and the 4 walks over to the 5 and squares up to him... I️ grunt again and it’s on,the 4 and the 5 have a full on brawl right there in my plot grunting snort weezing and all... this lasts for 2 minuets and they both head off up the hill the 4 chasing the 5.... I️ sneek out real slow..... but I’ll be back in the morning. So much fun couldn’t care less that I️ didn’t get a shot at the 8

• Like 15

Soooo this afternoon turned out to be one of my all time favorite hunts and I️ didn’t even kill anything. I️ swear it felt like how you wny guys talk about it..... wife went out to get her hair done today and left me with the baby.... she came home at three and gave me the nod to go sit till dark. I️ quickly got dressed grabbed my bow and headed to the food plot stand... was almost there when I️ noticed a fork horn standing midway between me and the plot. We had a stand off and he decided to ignore me and headed to the plot to eat. I️ said screw it if he’s ignoring me I’m going for the stand. Well half way to the stand he spooked, I️ saw him and another flag running up the hill. Any way I️ climbed my stand got in and figured I’d see what happenes.... an hour goes by and nothing... then I️ hear it crunch crunch crunch, a small doe crosses the drainage and heads for the plot. Behind her I️ see a small 4pt crossing the ditch. He crosses and I️ hear a grunt, I️ notice one of my shooters a hood 8 coming down the hill and he chases the 4 out he’s within range but no shot due to branches.... him and the doe hang up for a while before heading out in different directions.... two minuets later the 4 Point is back joined by a small 5, they head out into the plot to eat. After about 5 min a random doe comes sprinting down the hill and out of sight, it’s now after legal and I’m trying to plan my escape when another doe does the same.... ok now I️ gotta go the wife is texting asking about dinner. The 4 and the 5 are still there and I️ don’t want to spook them, so I come up with a plan I’ll hit the grunt tube loud so they thing a big boy is there and maybe they will leave. I️ hit the tube and they both look at eachother. I️ hit it again and the 4 walks over to the 5 and squares up to him... I️ grunt again and it’s on,the 4 and the 5 have a full on brawl right there in my plot grunting snort weezing and all... this lasts for 2 minuets and they both head off up the hill the 4 chasing the 5.... I️ sneek out real slow..... but I’ll be back in the morning. So much fun couldn’t care less that I️ didn’t get a shot at the 8

Awesome action, especially with crazy wind!