Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Don’t expect to post much in this cold. Super layered up in late gun season gear.

Very quiet and crunchy.

Wish I️ had a crossbow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second that. With all these layers on I look like a pregnant bear in a tree.

Definitely getting one for next year.

Cold with slight breeze in 6p. No action.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, upstate said:

Well, yesterday was a bust.  Only had a few hours of daylight down in Whitney Point area after my last scan of the week.  

Today is it. 17 degrees w a light wind.  Surgery at o dark 30 Monday and tomorrow prepping for it means my season will end today. Got to get her done. 

Won't be posting from my stand. It's simply too damn cold. I've never killed one with a bow or crossbow when it's this cold. Let's hope calmer conditions get them moving. 

Good luck Upstate, today and with your procedure.  Prayers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went to the oakflats stand in front of a bedding  area and food plot..thick slashing on my down hill side. Below open woods ridge and open woods behind..Thought something would cruise down or across hill  scent checking. Cam 100 yrds in front had 8 deer on it at one time and several buck the other night..cam in front of me had buck at 9:30 a.m. Nothing but 2 crow and I'm  getting cold!   Have extreme gear on but coat zipper  was broken...and I'm  using snsps..loosing heat.

I shot a buck a little bit ago. He’s not big but he’s mine. I’m past being particular. Now I’m just chilling, literally. Swans are flying over they sound awesome. I’ve got to stay put, I put my friends son in a stand just a couple hundred yards away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 26