Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Two six points just came by, well one went by the other one still hanging out. No chasing going on just wandering around. Best sit I've had in a long time. Now I hope that big buck comes back by a little closer

I shot a buck a little bit ago. He’s not big but he’s mine. I’m past being particular. Now I’m just chilling, literally. Swans are flying over they sound awesome. I’ve got to stay put, I put my friends son in a stand just a couple hundred yards away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Atta boy...congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I shot a buck a little bit ago. He’s not big but he’s mine. I’m past being particular. Now I’m just chilling, literally. Swans are flying over they sound awesome. I’ve got to stay put, I put my friends son in a stand just a couple hundred yards away

Congrats!

4c1991c911aa391eeb5092be0a01d6a5.jpg

Seemed like a perfect morning. Heard some does bleating off in the distance. Could only hunt till 830am. Oh well. Didn’t see anything until I️ Kicked up a doe and 2 fawns on the way out. Might hunt tomorrow afternoon, otherwise I’m done till Saturday Gun.

• Like 3

Congrats! Looking forward to the pics!

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

My wife actually gave the all clear to hunt the am before company coming for lunch. Damn I am glad I didn't take her up on it- slept until 8:00(can't remember the last time I sleep past 6:30). Biddy needed a reboot- but NOW I wish I was out there!

• Like 2

Feet are frozen! One small fawn for the day. Hope this afternoon brings more luck. My daughter would really like to track one, it’s her favorite part, so I may need to break down and shoot a doe for her before gun season.

4 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

I'm in the same boat.  Didn't sleep much.  My best stand is on a powerline, but there is an excavation crew working there during the week.  My brother thinks they parked one of the excavators about 45 yards from my stand.  It will just sit there until Monday morning, but I was debating whether it would spook the deer.  It's a farm, so they're used to tractors. 

Don't know. My second best option is a stand I put up on sign in the hardwoods, and I never hunt the hardwoods.  I'll go in early and see what my gut tells me as well.

Well I picked my stand and haven't seen a deer. All though the stand I'm in i killed my last 4 deer out of. 3 out of the 4 we're bucks. So I know it's a good stand

So of course I get back up in my tree and a fork comes out, he starts posturing about 70 yards away and out steps the biggest buck I’ve ever seen from a tree. Ten points I think (nine for sure)long tines and way outside his ears! The fork walked to him and they went up toward the road. Man I wish they went past the kid! I’ll be in here Saturday but I’m guessing he will have moved on. As they say, you can’t shoot a big one if you don’t pass a small one lol. I’m happy I got this deer and happy I saw that onebdc0d2695ccaf5d8d402f83b2397b828.jpg1fad1502e49fddd67e39d045df6d5dfb.jpg

• Like 41

Between frozen leaves , breaking ice and a creaking ladderstand I wasn’t to stealth getting in the thicket .

Ten minutes on stand a coyote slips through the thick stuff   , few minutes later something is walking around snapping branches .

• Like 2

So of course I get back up in my tree and a fork comes out, he starts posturing about 70 yards away and out steps the biggest buck I’ve ever seen from a tree. Ten points I think (nine for sure)long tines and way outside his ears! The fork walked to him and they went up toward the road. Man I wish they went past the kid! I’ll be in here Saturday but I’m guessing he will have moved on. As they say, you can’t shoot a big one if you don’t pass a small one lol. I’m happy I got this deer and happy I saw that onebdc0d2695ccaf5d8d402f83b2397b828.jpg&key=ae8ccaab1a1e4bcfd7c0bbc2f039bdf7561250cbe4088367d7112d499f67de511fad1502e49fddd67e39d045df6d5dfb.jpg&key=0061d311ed2a3c8f17d7d3ee67d5ee0e413006ca5733dabdfe3f9f3067c6351e

Great shot!!!

• Like 4

Tapped out to warm my feet. No sightings.

2 new scrapes on the trail out that weren't there last Saturday.

Gonna buck bomb them on the way back in..

No stands near the trail they are on.

Think I might use the climber in a nearby treea342f0e8039dcb7b89a1cbc87f194b96.jpg&key=c6c180d49929a200bc72052237aece770fcf2ea1b2f4a61b3765a92d03c769e3

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk