Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

9 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Wool socks. Not too thick though. Need a good amount of space inside the boot. Too thick and tight and you’ll freeze. The disposable insole warmers are really good also, they saved me many times.

Yep. I use "damn good socks" made in VT I think with loose wool carharts layered.  But you need room in the boot. 

• Like 2

Busted a 4 point in walk in then spooked 4 does when I got to my stand. Had a deer at 75 up the ridge that stopped in its tracks. Stomped. Looked my direction then turned and stared straight ahead and stomped again. Then turned and looked towards me then turned and stared straight again. Finally it takes off and runs back to where it came from. I thought something was coming from the direction it was staring. But nothing showed up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mikey tapping in as well. i cant seem to get in this oak stand without spooking deer from it. A crotch horn and two does. I just hope it was early enough for things to settle before magic hour.

I found a good tree to stand beside and have a great view. I hope there will be something to see...

16 minutes ago, zeus1gdsm said:

Sat till 9am. Took lunch break.

Had great idea to set the climber over some scrapes. When I went back in at 12.

Sweating bullets and soaked all my layers.

Got aet up and Stripped down to dry out and freeze my ads for a bit when suddenly my stomach cramped and burgled. Had to get down that tree fast as all he'll. Massive runs leaning against a tree with 3 paper towels.

Thought about throwing in the towel but didn't want to ditch my buddy.

Got half way back up and had to scramble back down again and shit.

Said f this. Done for the day. Gonna sit tomorrow morning so I'm drying my sweat soaked clothes.

:(

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow that sucks, just think , your day can't get any worse. It can only get better. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, zeus1gdsm said:

Got aet up and Stripped down to dry out and freeze my ads for a bit when suddenly my stomach cramped and burgled. Had to get down that tree fast as all he'll. Massive runs leaning against a tree with 3 paper towels.

Said f this. Done for the day. Gonna sit tomorrow morning so I'm drying my sweat soaked clothes.

Well thanks for ruining my lunch, lol...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zeus1gdsm said:

No joke the most important piece of gear I bring hunting after my safety belt is toilet paper. And I use it regularly! :bad:

11 minutes ago, growalot said:

So glad I finished leaf blowing yesterday..near silent walk in to back of property and 2nd gully stand...first sit here this year.winds picked up out of ESE and that is near perfect for an evening sit

1510431037786-1997141198.jpg

Good luck to all of us,and it is super quiet here in Otsego County as well. Come on deersies,acorns all around me....

• Like 1

getting ready for the last set of the pa archery season with dad, i have a sick feeling it may be his last archery sit. At 84 he doesn't have the fire he says,  I thought it would be rekindled when I had 3 shooter bucks at less than 5 yards on 3 consecutive sits but he just could not get on them for a shot.   He will not hunt mornings because its too cold for him. but he did light up when he said he has never been that close to 3 big bucks in his life.

going to try a fresh stand that I never got to sit this season, hopefully I can draw one out of the sanctuary before dark.  it wont matter the size, as long as its got 3 up he has a green light to shoot.

• Like 11

Back home. And I’m in the blind over my food plot right behind the house already lol. Took the family out for lunch when I got home and we saw deer all over the place. So when I got home I asked the wife if I could go out from 3 to dark, she surprisingly said go ahead. I kicked 7 does out of the field when I walked in to grab my memory card off the camera and get in the blind. I was barely even sat down yet and I heard crashing in the thick stuff behind me that’s between me and my house, about 90 yards thick. The crashing stops and I turn around and look out the blind window and there’s the big 6 I’ve had on camera all summer chasing a doe across my plot. She dives into the thick stuff on the other end of the field and he stops at the edge. About 85 yards away. I won’t shoot him yet, hoping he can stay close to this property and make it another year, we will see how that goes. But it was nice to see some rut action already! I’ve got a decent 10 point on the camera that I think I’ll take a shot at if he comes by. 0bd929b01c4c16e653358ae6974f6041.jpg

Gonna get out tmw morning before the wife goes to work. Won’t be a long sit but better than nothing. Maybe take the boys out to the blind for a couple hours mid day.

• Like 2

Back home. And I’m in the blind over my food plot right behind the house already lol. Took the family out for lunch when I got home and we saw deer all over the place. So when I got home I asked the wife if I could go out from 3 to dark, she surprisingly said go ahead. I kicked 7 does out of the field when I walked in to grab my memory card off the camera and get in the blind. I was barely even sat down yet and I heard crashing in the thick stuff behind me that’s between me and my house, about 90 yards thick. The crashing stops and I turn around and look out the blind window and there’s the big 6 I’ve had on camera all summer chasing a doe across my plot. She dives into the thick stuff on the other end of the field and he stops at the edge. About 85 yards away. I won’t shoot him yet, hoping he can stay close to this property and make it another year, we will see how that goes. But it was nice to see some rut action already! I’ve got a decent 10 point on the camera that I think I’ll take a shot at if he comes by. 0bd929b01c4c16e653358ae6974f6041.jpg

Gonna get out tmw morning before the wife goes to work. Won’t be a long sit but better than nothing. Maybe take the boys out to the blind for a couple hours mid day.

• Like 1

So sad I have to laugh  dragged ever calm in..walked past first gully stand then turned and to second gully stand..Doe and 2 fawn come trotting down. Hit drag and follow it back the way I came in, feeding..I think cam caught them.SOB!...literally walked to stand ladder.  Lol