Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Somehow with the bitter cold yesterday I pulled an all day sit. Altogether saw 10 deer with 4 of them being small bucks although one of those 4 could have been the same 6pt AM & PM. Back at it today, packed in for an all day sit. Hopefully be of the big boys is in the area today. Good luck all!

• Like 1

1 deer already walked through in the predawn darkness and now the turkeys that roosted about 100 yds from me last night are starting to wake up with a little turkey talk. Hopefully today's the day for one of the big boys, prob my last sit for bow season...back to work tomorrow.

I am going to try with some dmps today, for the last time with my crossbow this year.   No luck finding my rope-pulley device yesterday after loosing it Friday night.   I did not think my finger tendons could take drawing that crossbow again, so a "field expediency" was made this morning involving a couple short lengths of chain, some hinge pins, a couple grab hooks, and some duct tape.    It works like a champ, and is much faster than the rope-pulley device for drawing the crossbow.   It may even allow for a "double" if a group shows up.   Fat chance of that however, because in four seasons, I have yet to have a single antlerless deer in range during crossbow season.   It will be intersting to see if the fixed muzzys will put them down inside of 40 yards as has the 3 bladed mechanicals on the bucks I shot in three of the last 4 years.    

IMG_2485.JPG
No signal where I hunt. So a late update from the apple tree deer disco. Bruiser with 2 broken tunes and a nice long old tear in his ear. 30 yards with crossbow. Double lung. Went 65 yards. First crossbow deer. I'm feeling pretty thankful. Next week my nephew arrives for his first hunting experience. Hope to have some exciting updates then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 37

14 minutes ago, camogirl said:

IMG_2485.JPG
No signal where I hunt. So a late update from the apple tree deer disco. Bruiser with 2 broken tunes and a nice long old tear in his ear. 30 yards with crossbow. Double lung. Went 65 yards. First crossbow deer. I'm feeling pretty thankful. Next week my nephew arrives for his first hunting experience. Hope to have some exciting updates then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruiser!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1