Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

28 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Mathews just released the new 2018 bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triax ! It has huge cams ,I think it's only a 30 inch axle to axle . Just going by pictures I saw and a short video that I could hardly hear.

Edit: It does only have a 28 inch ATA . Maybe those giant cams make it shoot like a bow with a little longer ATA?

Edited by Jeremy K

53 minutes ago, Rebel Darling said:

483fc822e7417a94824e60b3b1f81e44.jpg

Ending my bow season with another doe. Very happy for the harvest.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Congtats Rebel,you did much better than I did. Nothing this bow season for me,a little disappointing. 

And Holy Crap what a buck that is reeltime. Hat off to you.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Triax ! It has huge cams ,I think it's only a 30 inch axle to axle . Just going by pictures I saw and a short video that I could hardly hear.

Edit: It does only have a 28 inch ATA . Maybe those giant cams make it shoot like a bow with a little longer ATA?

Classic Matthews, ignoring us tall fellas

30 minutes ago, growalot said:

Bladder and rain coincided to bring me in for a break then out to...... hell I don't know where. I'm not seeing deer so who knows(mature)...

I just got the best thing ...should have gotten one along time ago...phone card reader...So much better, read and delete, walk away. No more losing cards, forgetting cards ...just one stop and done...Have 2 cams down now..the one I won from here...sensor is no longer working...That cam lasted for ever! I have to say best one I've owned... Thanks again John... and one of the Bushnells indicator light won't go off...I mean won't..turned off nope, removed card nope, finally detached  battery...but I think it ran out at the exact same time because now screen won't show...I'll deal with that after I get a deer...hhhmmm maybe Never!!!:rolleyes:

I just got one as well, $29 and very simple. Its called a BoneView for iPhone 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Disagree, Biz needs this thing and he needs it right now!

LOL - I tend to do this even with stupid trad bows where there is very little benefit to anything new.  Kind of the do what I say not what I do advice.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Mathews just released the new 2018 bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biz, let me be the first to make you an offer on the one you currently have.  My bid is $75.  I would have given you $100 if you actually killed something with it this season.  LOL

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

LOL - I tend to do this even with stupid trad bows where there is very little benefit to anything new.  Kind of the do what I say not what I do advice.

I say the same things about the wheels then i look and I have at least 10 trad bows all usable!! It is a problem but at least i admit it!!

Wow..... Been a long time since I have had the shakes after putting an arrow in a buck..... That is up until an hour ago when I called a doe in that didn't appreciate all of pickets advances. Been down that path before and once again tipping the can over when the doe stopped running brought her right to what she thought was a ready doe..
Picket followed and stopped in the only open shot from that stand that is over 10 yards.
15 yard shot, I don't even know when I shot a deer at 15 yards last was I know it was a long time ago.

Said a quiet tribute to picket for the great chess game we have played over the past 2 seasons and sadly my my season is done, even likely for gun I am done.

Scrappy selfie but gotta do what ya gotta do, ain't no setting way back on this pic. What a stud of a buck.
8dd15d86c07ae76acab4ca5aaff13623.jpg&key=13db13052b590746a4f158faa3305e2ac05578fa5b4a1ed43d56d91b17a830ab

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

Thats a sweet 12 point Grow's husband aka Mr.B! We've found you out!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Biz, let me be the first to make you an offer on the one you currently have.  My bid is $75.  I would have given you $100 if you actually killed something with it this season.  LOL

Ok,i am going with $ 150. Has hardly been used that bow,haha.

21 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

MSRP $2,999. $4,499 nicely equipped but to me your best value is the $6,999 package with the Lost Camo quiver

• Like 3

No sir N.Y.. I shot a nice 8 in pa the first Saturday of Nov......day 2 of my 10 day rutcation. So the rest of my rutcation was trying to get dad on a buck.

Thanks everyone for the kudos. I'm happy and sad and still in disbelief.

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

If you don't mind me asking what zone are you in. I'm in 4O and haven't seen anything that big even on camera

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Wait , reeltime is Mr. B?

No No he's not...Mr B Was talking to an acquaintance when they said to him ...Isn't your wife growalot...LOL I told you guys ppl know me ...even ppl I do not know..Anyways he sent Mr B a pic  of a very nice buck he got this year ...I know he reads, so I thought I'd let him know it was shown to me and it is a nice deer and he deserved a Congrats.... 

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

Isn' t Biz sponsored? Probably on his door step already!

I' m going to go get something to eat and decide where I am going to sit this afternoon.  I need different trees to stare at

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Disagree, Biz needs this thing and he needs it right now!

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Alright, here's the deal. I haven't read the specs but I pre-ordered two of them. 1 right and 1 lefty. I would like to kill a nice buck from both sides of the plate next year.

In all seriousness, I haven't read anything about it and I won't be looking into it further. I got the "no-cam" HTX because it felt the best for my bad shoulder, so I won't be in the market anytime soon. In fact, if xbows ever get full inclusions and allowance in Westchester, I would probably sell my bow.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, growalot said:

No No he's not...Mr B Was talking to an acquaintance when they said to him ...Isn't your wife growalot...LOL I told you guys ppl know me ...even ppl I do not know..Anyways he sent Mr B a pic  of a very nice buck he got this year ...I know he reads, so I thought I'd let him know it was shown to me and it is a nice deer and he deserved a Congrats.... 

I was more then confused,LOL. And then jerkman made a comment about it being mr.B. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I was more then confused,LOL. And then jerkman made a comment about it being mr.B. 

He's on my list so didn't see comment....I was on phone, so consolidated my post...I do not use hangers...trying to hold a cross bow in a small stand and type with  large fingers on a tiny screen is ....hhhmmm trying at best...

2 hours ago, grampy said:

Congratulations! Way to go my friend! Really Awesome! You had a lot of great hunts this year. I'm so impressed with your dedication and skill. On to the gun now. Best of luck and keep it going!

Thanks, my friend!  I've learned a ton this year (my third bow season), and your generosity with your experience and wisdom has been a significant part of that education.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rebel Darling said:

Thanks, my friend!  I've learned a ton this year (my third bow season), and your generosity with your experience and wisdom has been a significant part of that education.

Hey,it is my third bow season as well. I learned a few things maybe as well. Been close to a two nice 2.5 year old bucks,and I think i am hooked on hunting from the ground mostly now. The heart gets pumping when a deer is close,more so than on the stand. Too bad i didn't get another bow harvest under my belt,i passed on some easy shots early on and let a six point walk. Thats all good though,i will fill the freezer with the muzzleloader, though I would have preferred the bow as the  tool of choice.

• Like 1