Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

3 minutes ago, reeltime said:

Well folks I guess I didn't know how true my statement of likely done hunting for the season was the other day.
On here just trying to take my mind off stuff. Brought Judy to rgh by amb. This morning she is now going in for an angiogram. I knew when I saw the EKG that she had a heart attack. Now its up to the dr. To find out how much damage and if its stents or bypass as the next step.

Good luck everyone the rest of the season.... May be reading more just to keep occupied.

Shoot straight and most of all enjoy every moment as tomorrows are never a guarentee.

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

Prayers sent for Judy reeltime.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, reeltime said:

Well folks I guess I didn't know how true my statement of likely done hunting for the season was the other day.
On here just trying to take my mind off stuff. Brought Judy to rgh by amb. This morning she is now going in for an angiogram. I knew when I saw the EKG that she had a heart attack. Now its up to the dr. To find out how much damage and if its stents or bypass as the next step.

Good luck everyone the rest of the season.... May be reading more just to keep occupied.

Shoot straight and most of all enjoy every moment as tomorrows are never a guarentee.

Sending thoughts and prayer to Judy and you. Hoping for a quick and full recovery. Hang in there buddy.

• Like 1

So sorry to about Judy, prayers sent.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Trying a stand I haven’t sat once yet this year. I hung this stand back in June or early July. Now that the leaves are done I can see that I need to move this stand about 25 yards to my right. That and I didn’t clear enough shooting lanes lol. Hoping to catch one of my bigger bucks coming out of a big block of timber they seem to be coming from according to my cameras. They should be headed past me to get to my fields where all the does hang.
On my walk in I went right past 3 does bedded 15 yards off my atv trail. I saw them and slowed my pace a bit but didn’t stop. They just watched me go right by. Sometimes they are just really dumb...
f40b7e292283cca2af8ce96689e953c8.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reeltime said:

Sorry for what you guys are dealing with.  Thinking about you guys...  Get well soon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Trying a stand I haven’t sat once yet this year. I hung this stand back in June or early July. Now that the leaves are done I can see that I need to move this stand about 25 yards to my right. That and I didn’t clear enough shooting lanes lol. Hoping to catch one of my bigger bucks coming out of a big block of timber they seem to be coming from according to my cameras. They should be headed past me to get to my fields where all the does hang.
On my walk in I went right past 3 does bedded 15 yards off my atv trail. I saw them and slowed my pace a bit but didn’t stop. They just watched me go right by. Sometimes they are just really dumb...
f40b7e292283cca2af8ce96689e953c8.jpg

those are nice Hickory trees in front of you .MMMM nuts, lots of acorns this year where I hunt more than the last 7 years i been hunting there

3 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Sitting in a double chair blind in Mendon. Not a lot of shooting lane to the side but the deer had been crossing this grassy field. I had seen them from the stand in the top of the picture. No rain yet but it is windy .3d69d64b827ada41223784149c059f46.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

your lane is much wider than mine.

groundblind.jpg

• Like 3

those are nice Hickory trees in front of you .MMMM nuts, lots of acorns this year where I hunt more than the last 7 years i been hunting there

This property is loaded with hickory trees. The timber here has been managed pretty closely over the last 30 years. At least they are good strong trees to hang stands in
  • Like 1

Been out in the  new popup tower..checked cam on way in and one of the big 8's are still cruising..10:30 pm.though.I ran a drag line all the way here and have done a few estrus can beats. . I'm literally circled by 5 trails ...deer have been running them so let's hope one of the boys do as well,it cross checks. I'm  not expecting to see anything though..basically out here flying the bird at my aging aches and pains and damn back nerves. .

Ps ...55gal. Plastic roof liner s working 

15108608894731913692387.jpg

2 hours ago, reeltime said:

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours reeltime....

Man wind gust lay this blind down ...I'm' right on the west facing ridge with a hard west wind and blowing rain..sorta where the upper ridge flows down to here then the hill drops away  again but is flatter to my left  looking down hill. .. open and thick with oaks to my right maples left. Anyways glad she ' nailed down.  Hard to tell..2nd pic drop down hill 3rd looking up hill

15108619687771750977024.jpg

1510862046119-1609685503.jpg

151086214888590780875.jpg

• Like 1