Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Thought all day sit was going to pay. About 1:15 I catch movement about 100 Yds out moving from my left to right. It's a deer so I get my gun on the rail and follow in the scope. I keep catching glimpses of what looks like a bone white rack. Just as he is getting to where the woods are thinner and I think I m going to get s good look and possibly a shot he disappeared.  He either had to bed down or walk directly away from me. Hoping I get another look before the day is over

Well,my morning was short and sweet. After getting skunked with the bow I saw this buck at 6.55, even though I told him if i see him with a gun in my hand he is going down. He taunted me during bow season,but i bet he regrets it now. He tried to walk past me at 30 yds,i sat at the bottom of a tree and grabbed my muzzleloader when he was behind a tree. Picked an opening and boom. 

I waited for 10 mins and then went to where i thought he crashed and there he was. I took some pictures after thanking the deer for giving his life to feed me. All of a sudden two does walk my way. Good thing I reloaded the muzzleloader,i picked the bigger one and shot her. She went down in sight. 

This is my shortest gun season ever,but I like it. Have to wait for muzzleloader season now. But i did spend a lot of time in the woods during bow.

The buck is a seven point,not big but also not small.

20171118_065707.jpg

20171118_071843.jpg

20171118_105225.jpg

• Like 25

I was almost about to say how incredibly warm I am in this blind with the heater going. And then it ran out of propane lol. Forgot the second tank. Oops.
It might not matter because I might get out and go see what in the F$&@ two people are doing shooting very close to me. It sounds awfully close to the property line. I’m not happy about it. Of all the days of the year to target shoot.....

That's some serious dedication.   

Yup. He never bowhunted so lives for gun season. Now I got him into xbow. And when he did work, he always took off first full week to hunt Catskills and then hunted the first hour before heading straight to work for final 2 weeks. Quite a few pics with dead bucks and you can see his tie underneath his jacket lol. And of course only 1 out of 40-50 bucks killed from a treestand. It was in Georgia, some guy his sister knew down there let him hunt from one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Me too. Damn it’s small world. There’s a bunch of us on here within a 20 mile radius. See much today?

Haven't seen diddly.  Something was bedded 40 yards behind my stand in some saplings, never saw what it was.  Now just sitting in a travel corridor on the side of a seep damn hill seeing and hearing nothing.