Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

3 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

What's worse: an all day sit with no deer, an all day sit with a few deer that are unreachable, or an all day sit where the only deer you see are out of reach and then shot by neighbors?

A day you can’t hunt for health, family or personal problems. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

What's worse: an all day sit with no deer, an all day sit with a few deer that are unreachable, or an all day sit where the only deer you see are out of reach and then shot by neighbors?

A day you can’t hunt for health, family or personal problems. 

6 doe, 2 spikes and a respectable 4 point all within 15 yards of my blind today in 4c. All three bucks were harassing doe. View from the blind looking down into a ravine. Picture makes it look flat but I am about 25 feet above the floor about 20 yards out in front of me. Forecast does not look good for tomorrow with 20-30mph out of northwest with 40-50mph gusts. 5a10dacbc6649_2017-11-1809_11_31.thumb.jpg.5783cc2500a515b0e4222c6467fac92f.jpgomorrow is not looking great with 20-30mph out of northwest with 40-50 gusts. 

Sat over the food plot I planted in my buddy’s property in Columbia county this season-looks good- probably a better evening spot but I was happy to sit over something I made! Two doe out of range in thick $hit...nothing else. At 10:00 I got the call my buddy and his father - each took a doe TOGETHER- pretty cool memory for them. ATV’ed them back and then another member of the party called- doe down! Another retrieve and three hanging. I needed to leave by 4:00(wife and daughter were going to a play) as I finished quartering the 3 another guy dropped and nice 8 pointer (his first in three seasons). What a day! Hoping to head back to 3s with the bow tomorrow afternoon if all the deer don’t get blown away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed on a doe at 45 yards this morning. (hangs head in shame). Doe ran into the food plot, stops, and looks up at me. I freeze. It starts slowly moving across the food plot. When it goes behind a small tree, I try to sight it in my scope. It starts running. I overcompensated for it running, shooting twice in front of it. Fortunately, it literally ran to my hunting buddy's stand 300 yards away in the other field. He also got another deer in the afternoon, a 1 point buck (spike with one broken off; he thought it was a big doe). He let me have the doe and he kept the spike.

I'm glad we went out despite the crappy weather forecast. Once we got past the 1.5 hrs of rain this morning, it really wasn't that bad until 4:00. Then it started to pour. We passed on the magic hour (had just finished field dressing the 1 pointer) but overall can't complain.

• Like 1

Didnt see a thing all day til I got down from stand. Walked 30yards and two deer up a lane just before dark but 200 yards away.  Didn't have time to try a stalk so tried a shot.   Didn't connect, checked for blood and hair and nothing.  Was a real big doe and I have 3 tags yet.  30-06 was up for the shot. ( Used 3030 in am but switched in pm) but it was off hand and no tree to steady on anywhere. Wouldn't have shot except the deer was perfect broadside.  

1 hour ago, Bolt action said:

What's worse? 

Being laid up recovering after getting a kidney removed on Monday is worse. Trust me

• Sad 1

What's worse? 

Being laid up recovering after getting a kidney removed on Monday is worse. Trust me

How you feeling! I hope this thread is a least a good source of entertainment for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark to dark and no deer seen.  On the plus side, I just enjoyed some fresh backstraps and brews with my neigbhbor who took a nice 5 pt at his friend's property.  Great motivation for tomorrow's all day sit in the monsoon!

Well I’m up and I’m gonna give it a shot even with the wind. I’m heading to a blind that sits on a plot down in a bottom. I’ve seen deer there in the past when it’s been windy. I figure I’ll sit there for a bit and then head over to a different farm and put a stall on a creek bottom where they tend to bed down in west winds. 

Talked to my buddy this morning, I will Probably be the only one out today. Should be a good day to do a bunch of still hunting but we will see how the morning turns out first. Can’t kill them from the couch!

• Like 1