Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Rain n wind changed over to snow in 4-0. My son saw the big 8 he's been after all bow season, passing on other nice bucks holding out for him. Saw him yesterday in neighboring field twice but no shot. Saw him again this am 0730 nudging a doe went into a neighbors woodlot lil while later a shot from mountain above woodlot. He's bummed but that is hunting. Good luck be safe,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What a great morning ! As soon as I start climbing in my stand ,I hear my buddies blue tick howling like he's being tortured.  I unclip and run back to the path where he shouldn't be . There he is shaking and going crazy. I'm not sure what his deal was but he ran through his electric border and his collar has been giving the beeping signal and freaking him out. I took the collar off and had to walk him all the back home . Now it's windy as all get out.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Waited until daylight and still hunted my way in. Wind is blowing like crazy. I hung my stand 8" off the ground instead of trying to tree surf.

That's a great idea, im sitting against a tree with sleeping legs, might try this,  my climber is next to me anyways.   Thanks 

Man these flannel sheets are nice! Having my buck hanging and my boy not getting out this am did not make the choice hard lol. We will get out this evening. And snow on the ground overnight tonight has got me excited to still hunt up a fat doe this week around work.

Good luck out there be safe. My BiL is out and says a lot of shooting but windy as all get out in 8f

• Like 1

On 11/18/2017 at 7:04 AM, Belo said:

How in the world do boy scouts have something planned on opening day?

opening day my kids got confirmed at 1000, had to be in theater in harlem at 1500 for a  play that my son was in.  sunday boy scout court of honer at noon.

• Like 1

Is it 10am yet, big believer in 10-2 lol
In 3k hoping these ghosts show themselves. 

I’m with ya on the 10-2. That always seems to be my time frame for seeing deer. I always make sure to have a snack and bathroom break before 10