Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

5 minutes ago, Thejmack said:

Been meaning to try the swamp out... How wet is it in there? I think I need to invest in some better boots first lol

I have honestly never hunted in there, or walked it.  I have heard stories from girlfriend's father, who does hunt toward the village of wurtsboro a bit more on the bashakill.   I commute through there, and along 211 over the mountain, and have seen good bucks running across the road.  A guy from work took a 14 pointer in the area a good 20 yrs ago too.  I hunted as a guest at a deer camp across from the kill, this is what Im basing this all off.  Like i said becareful because guys get dropped off literally on the shoulder of 17 lol.  I am honestly a bit nervous to hunt in regular season on state land. Good luck, and definitely get good dry foot wear lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dlgerow said:

Ha! Here I am. b1044645e58489b922ae2daa2f981638.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thats where they get dropped off fromthe highway.  Always, wanted to go in there, looks like huge buck paradise from the highway.

Mind posting a pic of the view? 

Well heck. Was getting miserable just sitting at home. So walk long way over old RR trestle or check creek. Heck I have half an inch of boot to spare. And nope. Let’s see how smart these Smartwool socks really are shall we. Saw doe right after crossing and surprised she didn’t hear me drop the f bomb. Browsing in some thick stuff. Tried using a big tree to sneak over for a better shot. Poof , I peak around tree and she’s gone. Checked 3 cams. One with nada , one frozen and snow covered and the other one I caught trespasser on switched to Menu. Caught a perfect wind for the upper corner Not even sitting up against the tree yet and nice doe and 3 fawn Rest ml up against tree. Hammer back , pull trigger and 3 seconds later I get hang fire. Of course I flinch a little. Right over her back. She takes off. 1 of 3 fawns come into about 20 yards to investigate. I need to create a TF Wheel of misfortune, he he. The glass is half full as well as my boots. Wind isn’t too bad , I’m alive and sitting in the woods , snow on the ground with a good wind. But could somebody deliver a pizza up here ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Well heck. Was getting miserable just sitting at home. So walk long way over old RR trestle or check creek. Heck I have half an inch of boot to spare. And nope. Let’s see how smart these Smartwool socks really are shall we. Saw doe right after crossing and surprised she didn’t hear me drop the f bomb. Browsing in some thick stuff. Tried using a big tree to sneak over for a better shot. Poof , I peak around tree and she’s gone. Checked 3 cams. One with nada , one frozen and snow covered and the other one I caught trespasser on switched to Menu. Caught a perfect wind for the upper corner Not even sitting up against the tree yet and nice doe and 3 fawn Rest ml up against tree. Hammer back , pull trigger and 3 seconds later I get hang fire. Of course I flinch a little. Right over her back. She takes off. 1 of 3 fawns come into about 20 yards to investigate. I need to create a TF Wheel of misfortune, he he. The glass is half full as well as my boots. Wind isn’t too bad , I’m alive and sitting in the woods , snow on the ground with a good wind. But could somebody deliver a pizza up here ?

I hear filling your boots is a key element in the successful harvest of a nice 8 pointer.

Dead today..lots of shots around but nada here did a slow glassing  walk out to blind..last night and today we had several cars stoppng on the road at dark so someone' seeing something in our fields. I pulled several cards and did field checks nothing .not even fox or raccoon.. I can tell you at this point   if I do  get something the guts will get opened. Snowing hard here again wish I packed buddy heater Winds picked up but have dbl curtains up...fleece blocks a lot of lower winds

15111172609891750977024.jpg

1511117334574-1609685503.jpg

Edited by growalot

32 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I hear filling your boots is a key element in the successful harvest of a nice 8 pointer.

We'll then I'd have 3 or 4 this season ! And one I filled myself while washing all the mud off them at home, apparently I got a fair amount down one of them , found out next morning at my spot when I put it on .

Extra socks and some bread wrappers are good to,have in your car / truck .

My other boots aren't near high enough to cross ditches this year .

We'll then I'd have 3 or 4 this season ! And one I filled myself while washing all the mud off them at home, apparently I got a fair amount down one of them , found out next morning at my spot when I put it on .

Extra socks and some bread wrappers are good to,have in your car / truck .

My other boots aren't near high enough to cross ditches this year .

I said it was a key element not the only element. I would share the other ones with you however I have no idea what they are!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I stumbled across a brand new rub yesterday ,the shavings on the ground were still moist so it was very new . I figured if he left his rifle behind that he would be back for it ,I sat nearby to this rub and waited for him to come and get it but he never showed.

20171118_153458.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

You need to look more inviting and friendly to kill deer.  That sneer will just scare them away TF.  

That’s right. No killing out of anger. Do it with love and on an empty stomach. 

Still really windy here so the boy and I passed. We did go out earlier for a bit in the nasty wind and snuck through a bedding area. Zip. 

• Like 2