Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

31 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

You need to look more inviting and friendly to kill deer.  That sneer will just scare them away TF.  

That’s my “ these ice pellets hurt and I need ski goggles “ look. 

Ive heard 50 plus shots across the street in last hour or so. Gotta be driving 

• Like 1

I thought this morning was going to be a bust and I had no intentions on seeing a deer let alone bagging one, at 8:30 I turned around and this guy was on a bee line about 80 yards out, I mouth grunted to stop him about as loud as I possible could and he finally stopped after the second attempt,, but of course he stopped behind a bunch of tress, so I settled my crosshairs on the next opening and when he stepped in, I shot, he then bolted and I fired again at the next chance really just a wing and prayer shot,  he finally stopped about 150 yards out and stood for a few seconds then bolted out of sight leaving me not knowing if I had hit him or not,  at which point I rushed down from the stand and did my best to find the last spot I saw him standing as I got closer to the spot I saw him about 40 yards away down and out....Yippie!!!!

Even though no smile in the picture it sure was a good morning... :) 

I even have him earlier on camera..

IMG_1510.JPG

WGI_0002.JPG

Edited by Bowshotmuzzleloader
  • Like 28

Not even a bird  ..but just heard a shot below me. Thought they'd  be out to eat in this cold and snow...sitting over a WW ,clover,brassica plot and an area I planted oats and alfalfa  in..plus my best dropping red oak trees and I still have chestnuts on the trees...though the neighbor down the hill has two mature loaded chestnut  trees. ..35 more mins. 

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

Well turned out to be a great night. Brought my son out and said whatever doesnt have antlers ill try to shoot. Ive brought him out a handful of days over the years and have never had a shot opportunitie. A group of 3 deer came out 100 yards away through our pines. The darkest 1 stepped into a opening and i shot. Turns out it was a button buck but im fine with it. Its a day ill never forget and neither will he. He was my photographer too, dont know why im upside down!

20171119_154747.jpg

• Like 13

20 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

How you feeling! I hope this thread is a least a good source of entertainment for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread beats the facebook group. Between the QDM Gods, Stupid Questions and other opinionated garbage this place is great. 

Surgery was Monday and I go to Dr's Tuesday- find out what kind of monster resided in me and what I have to do. One of my questions will be if I could sit in a blind and shoot a muzzle loader.  I sure hope so.  However, I might have a tussle first. 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, upstate said:

This thread beats the facebook group. Between the QDM Gods, Stupid Questions and other opinionated garbage this place is great. 

Surgery was Monday and I go to Dr's Tuesday- find out what kind of monster resided in me and what I have to do. One of my questions will be if I could sit in a blind and shoot a muzzle loader.  I sure hope so.  However, I might have a tussle first. 

Hoping it's all good news from here on! Continue to feel better, and I hope ya get out with that muzzle loader real soon too!

• Like 2