Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

4 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

9H. 30 degrees. 10 mph wsw wind. Perfect wind to set my climber up over the funnel. Good luck to everyone on the last day of ml season. Make it count today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 point going down today for you. Celebrate at Hogan's later....

• Like 1

my final act of the season was one that I've done a few years in a row now and i think is worth every penny. My wife of 7 years has been with me through about 12 hunting seasons. She's always been great and rarely complained, even with 3 kids. I don't want to take that for granted, so last night I brought home the traditional flowers with card and of course the obligatory spa gift certificate inside. 

while at wegmans though, i had to pick up some goose and some dogfish head truth serum which better be damn good for $14 for a 6 pack lol.

001.thumb.JPG.175eddefa2f7c917f16ae74f92339930.JPG

• Like 5

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

What a great morning to be in the woods for the last day of deer season! Glad I decided to skip out of work this morning! Had this nice fatty doe step out to feed on my corn pile and salt lick, so I let her have it! Probably the last deer that gets shot at the farm here in 8H this year!

5CF827A1-FB4C-4191-BECF-7FDA5D27E1BE_zpsqjldo6s4.jpg

what am i missing? Did the season not end yesterday?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

my final act of the season was one that I've done a few years in a row now and i think is worth every penny. My wife of 7 years has been with me through about 12 hunting seasons. She's always been great and rarely complained, even with 3 kids. I don't want to take that for granted, so last night I brought home the traditional flowers with card and of course the obligatory spa gift certificate inside. 

while at wegmans though, i had to pick up some goose and some dogfish head truth serum which better be damn good for $14 for a 6 pack lol.

After 15 years of marriage I can offer you some advice. Being so close to Christmas you can parley that and it's a win win. But a nice gesture either way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

What ya got under the car cover in the back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

what am i missing? Did the season not end yesterday?

I was joking. Turkeyfeathers started it, dont blame me! :rofl:

BTW, the pic was from opening day of gun 2 years ago. It just worked well because we had a little dusting of snow last night, kinda like the picture. DMAPs can only be used during deer season. You may have been thinking about DDPs (nuisance permits).

9 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

What?!?!? I was just loading the car up for an afternoon hunt, bought a box of .270 and everything .

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im going. I was out of town Monday so I get a comp day. If im reading the regs correctly, which I believe I am

Kentucky January Season. Pick me up on the way down.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I was joking. Turkeyfeathers started it, dont blame me! :rofl:

BTW, the pic was from opening day of gun 2 years ago. It just worked well because we had a little dusting of snow last night, kinda like the picture. DMAPs can only be used during deer season. You may have been thinking about DDPs (nuisance permits).

i get my acronyms confused, but yes. 

49 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

What ya got under the car cover in the back

09 Pontiac G8GT. Has some work done to it and a little over 400hp. Nothing too exciting I know, but she has summer tires and sleeps during the NY winter.

I know it would have been a little more exciting if I said 69 Camaro right? :drinks:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Hey have some respect... some of us are still trying to hunt here!
Left morning spot and wandered back towards where I took a spike a few weeks ago- oodles of fresh dumps.
d64d30a7c8ef173b3c7af4d17b06ea38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. a great thread is turning sour quickly. Good luck out there. I was tempted to hunt Saturday but looks like rain. Maybe i'll get out there on 12/30 and stick 2 bucks!

• Like 1

All of this joking around and down here we really have 6 more weeks of hunting to go. Who's going to have the last laugh now? Some of the best hunting is yet to come down here as the 2nd rut winds down, does herd up, and bucks get back into bachelor groups and start to get very predictable once again. Just have to hope they hold there horns for a while longer. 

Hopefully I'll make it out this weekend or xmas day. Some of my best hunts have come during the last week of the year. Good luck to all of those that can still get out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

09 Pontiac G8GT. Has some work done to it and a little over 400hp. Nothing too exciting I know, but she has summer tires and sleeps during the NY winter.

I know it would have been a little more exciting if I said 69 Camaro right? :drinks:

Not really. I would take the comforts of the g8 over the 69 camaro. Old cars dont have the comforts of modern technology and 400 hp. Is pretty cool.

• Like 1