Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I agree. a great thread is turning sour quickly. Good luck out there. I was tempted to hunt Saturday but looks like rain. Maybe i'll get out there on 12/30 and stick 2 bucks!

Really!!!! soon we will start talking about chest girth weights, Bigfoot’s and killer dogs- imagine if THOSE topics were ever discussed?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

But seriously I hear the good crunch crunch of heavy steps behind me,,,slowly turn around and see the source- a turned around numbnut hiker! Crappy part of this program is that the lands are used by the public as well. Hopefully he kicks something my way

• Like 1

Some of you need to remove the sticks from your butts. Some of us have just been joking around, its not ruining the thread. Good gravy.

Come on man...you didn’t think I was serious did you? I’m not sure I have a single post on here without some drip of sarcasm. Movie quote: “ maybe it’s time to point that high powered lens at yourself!”

12 minutes ago, Belo said:

so who's buying a crossbow for 10/1? 

If it becomes legal for 10/1, I will be selling my Mathews.

Edit: actually it depends on if Westchester gets xbow too or not....maybe i'll keep the Mathews....

Should keep this thread going until 10/1 with bs posts to keep it interesting lol

Or people can just actually hunt outside of this lowly 2-Big game species state and continue to post!

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Or people can just actually hunt outside of this lowly 2-Big game species state and continue to post!

Unfortunately no. Too much work too many bills at this time in my life. I will be hitting late split of duck season hard this season though. 

• Like 2

DEC NEWS  ANOTHER CHANCE TO HUNT  

Late Season Deer Hunting Opportunities

January Deer Hunting Opportunities in Central New York

From January 13-31, 2018, there will be an antlerless deer season open in the Deer Management Focus Area (DMFA) in Tompkins County. To participate, hunters must register with the DMFA Program and download a permit, carcass tags and a hunting activity log from the DMFA web page. Registered hunters may take up to two antlerless deer per day using any hunting implement that is legal during any other deer season at the site where they are hunting.

The 60,000-acre DMFA was created in 2012 to help communities in the Ithaca area address problems caused by deer overabundance. It allows harvest of up to two antlerless deer per day throughout all the general deer hunting seasons, in addition to the January DMFA season.  Hunters must carry a DMFA permit and DMFA carcass tags while they are hunting during the January season. They must also record their DMFA deer hunting activity and harvests on their hunting activity log and submit it to DEC by February 7. Additional information, including DMFA boundary descriptions and a printable map, is available on the DEC website.

Special Seasons in Suffolk County, Long Island

The regular (bowhunting) deer season in Suffolk County runs through January 31. The 2018 firearms deer season in Suffolk County will begin January 7 through January 31, including weekends. Town permits are now only required in the towns of Southampton, Islip, and Smithtown.

For those who missed the lottery to hunt for deer on DEC-managed lands during the firearms season, we will take reservations for unclaimed spots between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM on December 22, 26-31 and between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM on weekdays from January 7-31.  Hunters may only make one reservation. For more information on reservation procedures and to see which DEC-managed lands are available for firearms deer hunting, please visit our website.

For regulations, places to hunt, and more information, please visit DEC's Hunting on Long Island webpage or contact the DEC Region 1 Wildlife Office at (631) 444

Unfortunately no. Too much work too many bills at this time in my life. I will be hitting late split of duck season hard this season though. 

Parts of NY, PA, CT, etc all open in January

I do have enough room left in the freezer for some squirrels.  Also, it is nice to mix things up a bit for the kids so they don't get sick of venison and fish (we try and live a subsistance lifestyle).  There seemed to be lots of them around during deer season this year.  Hopefully, I can bag a few over 5 days off from work on Christmas holiday this year,  or the 3-day New year's stretch.  Only if the weather cooperates though.   It is so nice in the house by the woodstove, after so many days in the cold woods over late ML season.   

18 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Just talked with my buddy, spotlight is fully charged and 22 is sighted in. Going out hunting in about 2 hours.  Dont wanna be out there too soon, the farmers may still be awake
Actually, I'll be going out in 2 hours as well, with a flashlight...and a .22(3) !!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So at 4:45 I hear some rustle in bushes 55 yards away. It must be a deer so I “lobbed one in there.” I’m dead on from 25 so I just doubled my aim point. Something ran out of there but it was really thick so I chalked it up as a lost arrow and clean miss...oh well!!!!
I AM KIDDING OF COURSE! No deer seen in the evening hunt. Sorry for distracting the Live thread- now back to your ramrod that are too short and your moist misfiring wads!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, crappyice said:

Hey have some respect... some of us are still trying to hunt here!
Left morning spot and wandered back towards where I took a spike a few weeks ago- oodles of fresh dumps.
d64d30a7c8ef173b3c7af4d17b06ea38.jpg

Some of those may have been mine, few too many beers and wings.

13 hours ago, crappyice said:

Come on man...you didn’t think I was serious did you? I’m not sure I have a single post on here without some drip of sarcasm. Movie quote: “ maybe it’s time to point that high powered lens at yourself!”

I didnt Mean you lol

Live from my basement window...

Woke up to my bait pile alarm going off. Jumped out of bed and got the window open, turned my light on and spotted a pair of eyes at the bait pile. Just as I got the kill light on and saw a nice size yote in my scope my dog barked and off the yote went before I got my crosshairs on him. He will be back. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1