Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Live from my basement window...
Woke up to my bait pile alarm going off. Jumped out of bed and got the window open, turned my light on and spotted a pair of eyes at the bait pile. Just as I got the kill light on and saw a nice size yote in my scope my dog barked and off the yote went before I got my crosshairs on him. He will be back. 

How does the alarm work? I assume motion sensor and then a text or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, BigVal said:

Should keep this thread going until 10/1 with bs posts to keep it interesting lol

we have a thread on a car forum just titled "random thoughts and stories". It's the longest thread by far as it allows people to post random thoughts without creating a whole  new topic... like some...people... do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

How does the alarm work? I assume motion sensor and then a text or something?

Its a cheap wireless driveway alarm. It has a battery operated motion sensor that I mounted on a post 20 feet from the pile, then theres a box with a speaker and lights that sits in the house.It works pretty good except when its windy the weeds near the pile blow around and set it off.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Its a cheap wireless driveway alarm. It has a battery operated motion sensor that I mounted on a post 20 feet from the pile, then theres a box with a speaker and lights that sits in the house.It works pretty good except when its windy the weeds near the pile blow around and set it off.

we spent about $200 on this pool alarm because my wife and mom convinced me one of the kids would fall in when we weren't looking. It's for ingrounds and goes off with wave motion. Well anyhow, the thing has a speaker inside and out and has to be reset at the unit. Enough wind and it goes off and it's annoying as hell. After about 2 weeks we stopped using it :rofl:

if i had a bait pile alarm, i might end up in the pile! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

we spent about $200 on this pool alarm because my wife and mom convinced me one of the kids would fall in when we weren't looking. It's for ingrounds and goes off with wave motion. Well anyhow, the thing has a speaker inside and out and has to be reset at the unit. Enough wind and it goes off and it's annoying as hell. After about 2 weeks we stopped using it :rofl:

if i had a bait pile alarm, i might end up in the pile! 

Yeah my girlfriend turns it off when it starts annoying her. It has 2 different alarms on it. One is like a doorbell, which isnt bad but sometimes it doesnt wake me up or I cant hear it if the TV volume is too high when Im upstaris. I tried the other sound one night. Let me tell you, it wakes you up alright. It also might cause you to have to change your underwear and its so loud you can hear it at the bait pile with all of the house windows closed. I ended up spending the rest of the night on the couch after the first time it went off. It scared whatever was at the pile away too so it was a double whammy.

21 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Tracking a huge buck I just shot off First Lights Pumpkin/Apple pile.  Used the crossbow since I didn't want to alert anyone. Will post hero pics of buck and bait pile shortly....stay tuned....

I just trespassed in ahead of you, cut the head off of it and left the rest.

I would have taken the backstraps too at least, but had my hands full carrying the two trail cameras I found that someone must've forgotten that they left in the woods.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Eagles, Falcons, Red-Tail Hawks, Seagulls, Vultures, Turkeys, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Orioles, Woodpeckers, Invasive parrots, to name a few.

Really.   Most of those birds are not what I would have called birds of prey.     Those that are I thought it was illegal to kill them.   Remember the whole yankee who killed a seagull thing?

• Like 1

Really.   Most of those birds are not what I would have called birds of prey.     Those that are I thought it was illegal to kill them.   Remember the whole yankee who killed a seagull thing?
You mean Randy Johnson?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Eagles, Falcons, Red-Tail Hawks, Seagulls, Vultures, Turkeys, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Orioles, Woodpeckers, Invasive parrots, to name a few.

6 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Dear Moog, Here is a tip.  Don't always take Biz seriously.  Most of the time he is full of SH#T.  Do you think he is actually baiting and hunting woodpeckers?  C'mon.  He barely even hunts deer! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Dear Moog, Here is a tip.  Don't always take Biz seriously.  Most of the time he is full of SH#T.  Do you think he is actually baiting and hunting woodpeckers?  C'mon.  He barely even hunts deer! default_rolleyes.gif

I had 30+ sits this year actually. Most ever.

• Like 1