Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Thinking of hitting 3S this afternoon ...but damn it’s cold out there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck. I was thinking Saturday morning but they saying 5 degrees with 3-5” of snow. We’ll see....

Down in my family's condo in Florida for a bit. I did some fishing yesterday and caught 2 of these guys. Hooked 2 nice speckled trout, but I made some rookie mistakes and lost them at shore. Today is another day to chase these trout.
IMG_6445.thumb.JPG.e831a2774aff9af36666075960b5a580.JPG

Is that a throw back for you? Curious to know if folks eat rays...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Throw back for me. I hear they're good to eat, but it looks like a beotch to clean. Plenty of other good fish to catch down here so why bother

All you need is a knife and two pair of pliers. They are SO worth  it. 

Late report. I hunted Monday evening. I saw a couple of does at last light. I heard several barks and spotted a beautiful red fox about 50 yds away. I squeaked him in and he came right to the base of my tree. I thought it was pretty cool as I've never heard a fox bark before. I'll try to get out again this weekend. Hopefully my target buck is still holding. We'll see. 

• Like 1

Nobody hunting yotes or deer or bobcat or fox today?

Kicking around the notion of an evening hunt again. Can’t get myself psyched up for an am sit with the wind and temps. Still not sure I love the wind for this afternoon. My largest obstacle with this program has been the mandatory use of a climber(no walking around and elevated into the wind!).

11 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Kicking around the notion of an evening hunt again. Can’t get myself psyched up for an am sit with the wind and temps. Still not sure I love the wind for this afternoon. My largest obstacle with this program has been the mandatory use of a climber(no walking around and elevated into the wind!).

I was thinking the morning may be better. I may try Saturday morning, but who knows.

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Real feel negative 6 today. I’m heading to work but looks like a good morning for bowbunting. Anyone in Westchester or Long Island Hunting this morning?

Yeah I'm out in Westchester. No action so far. Pretty windy.  after tomorrow morning I guess I'm done for the year. Last year I tried Tompkins County doe management but didn't find a good spot until I had to leave. 

• Like 1