Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

18 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Took a beaten today for nothing- too windy for deer to be moving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've come to realize that they will still move even on a windy day. You just need to know where to look. 

I found a new spot last night. And I saw a really nice buck with a harem of does feeding there. Even better, I got permission today to hunt it. It's a small piece surrounded by homes. The plan is to scout it from a distance to see where they are moving, then try to set up on him over the weekend. It's a good food source, so hopefully he keeps hitting it for the next few days. Fingers are crossed. 

• Like 2

I've come to realize that they will still move even on a windy day. You just need to know where to look. 
I found a new spot last night. And I saw a really nice buck with a harem of does feeding there. Even better, I got permission today to hunt it. It's a small piece surrounded by homes. The plan is to scout it from a distance to see where they are moving, then try to set up on him over the weekend. It's a good food source, so hopefully he keeps hitting it for the next few days. Fingers are crossed. 
Nothing more encouraging than scoring a new piece after seeing action there. Good luck this weekend !!! The first hunt always seems to be your best opportunity

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Good luck with that new parcel. I am limited to how I can monitor these properties (no trail cams allowed, no access until certain times etc). The properties are also vast covering many towns in 6 different parks. There are deer but they have a ton of space to roam which makes it difficult

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Belo said:

Anyone think the deer will be moving Sunday in single digits. I think I’ll put my pack boots on and try to get one with the new crossbow I got for Christmas!

Do you have nuisance tags??

17 hours ago, Belo said:

Anyone think the deer will be moving Sunday in single digits. I think I’ll put my pack boots on and try to get one with the new crossbow I got for Christmas!

Does that mean you will now support full inclusion ?  

6 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Champlain bound! Hoping for some good ice and to not freeze to death in the unheated camp. 87b5c0dbb260341a5b840b079fc205ca.jpg

Where you fishing on lake champlain? We got ice way up north not sure about the south end. I'm talking rouses point near the Canadian border south to peru dock. Was thinking about fishing today just bitter cold out there.

Where you fishing on lake champlain? We got ice way up north not sure about the south end. I'm talking rouses point near the Canadian border south to peru dock. Was thinking about fishing today just bitter cold out there.

I’m on the south end. My buddy has a camp here so we just fish out in front of it up and down the shore line. There’s 10 inches of ice out here. Haven’t seen another person out fishing or riding yet. Looks like we are the crazy ones lol. It was pretty cold today but not all that bad when you stayed moving.

The fishing sounds like fun but unheated camp sounds real bad!!

Well we’ve prepared the best we could for it. 1 kerosene heater, the entire buddy heater set (little buddy, buddy and big buddy haha). And 1 electric heater, blankets draped over all the doors and closed ourselves into the living room lol. I even brought two sleeping bags to make sure I slept nice and warm at least!

6 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Well we’ve prepared the best we could for itemoji15.png. 1 kerosene heater, the entire buddy heater set (little buddy, buddy and big buddy haha). And 1 electric heater, blankets draped over all the doors and closed ourselves into the living room lol. I even brought two sleeping bags to make sure I slept nice and warm at least!

That is not unheated lol you got more heat than some homes lol!!

• Like 1

Stopped at my parents house after work and picked up all my hunting clothes. Might give it a go tomorrow morning in 3S with the bow. Haven’t shot it in 10 weeks and of course I forgot to grab my boots. Sucks! I’ll probably just hunt till 9am (if my feet make it that long). Haven’t hunted in 3S since 11/24.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Well we’ve prepared the best we could for itemoji15.png. 1 kerosene heater, the entire buddy heater set (little buddy, buddy and big buddy haha). And 1 electric heater, blankets draped over all the doors and closed ourselves into the living room lol. I even brought two sleeping bags to make sure I slept nice and warm at least!

Watch the carbon monoxide 

Stopped at my parents house after work and picked up all my hunting clothes. Might give it a go tomorrow morning in 3S with the bow. Haven’t shot it in 10 weeks and of course I forgot to grab my boots. Sucks! I’ll probably just hunt till 9am (if my feet make it that long). Haven’t hunted in 3S since 11/24.

I never hunted. Woke up at 530 and said F it. Maybe I’ll grab that trail cam later.

Strike three but I went down swinging!!!

Overall I’m real happy with my season- 2 doe and a spike plus put my buddy on a slammer 8. My sightings were way up and even better my skunk days were few. HAPPY NEW YEARS to all my NYhunting friends!

• Like 1