Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

How'd you manage that ? Hoping it wasn't stick in the eye with no flashlight in the morning.

And thankfully not a stick though I did take the same antibiotic drops I have thia time around 25 yeara ago when my brother accidentally stabbed my right eyeball with a dirty, rusty old pocket knife when we were digging foxholes for our GI Joes. Alas that is a story for a different thread

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Busted a doe by stand. I'm having a hoot up here watching my 9yr old thru my binos sitting in his makeshift tree stand with his binos and little bow, he was just pretending to shoot something with his bow, super fun watching him. Lucky his arrow wouldn't penetrate a piece cardboard.

He prolly just had a 150" buck go by him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Nope, just a dried out contact pulling a nice little chunk off when I took them out lol. Hurt like a bastard. Felt like a vampire all yesterday. Now just a little fuzzy in the left eye. 5 days of antibiotics and I'll be back and ready for action hopefully to kill that damn buck I missed my first day out like a total noob

I cant do contacts. They also sound dangerous. Not for me. I am thinking of getting those prescription sport googles tho

• Like 1

I cant do contacts. They also sound dangerous. Not for me. I am thinking of getting those prescription sport googles tho

They were assault contacts. Apparently I wasn't careful enough. Just waiting on a visit from the local pd to impound them because clearly they are too dangerous for my eyes

• Like 2

I managed to get an hour sit in tonight before sunset. Sat against a tree looking down a trail and had two different bear walk 20 feet in front of me. Beautiful animals.

I wish I had bear by me. They are definitely near tje top of my list for animals I want. Would be awesome to hunt one let alone see one when in the stand even from a distance.

Thank you to all who post here. I have been away from NY for work. I return at the end of this week and cannot wait to get in the stand. Reading the posts is very enjoyable and gives me a good idea for what is happening. Thanks again.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Roggs2001 said:

Thank you to all who post here. I have been away from NY for work. I return at the end of this week and cannot wait to get in the stand. Reading the posts is very enjoyable and gives me a good idea for what is happening. Thanks again.

Well Roggs2001, you should be getting back at a good time! Things should be ramping up real soon!! Good luck!

• Like 1

Checked cams. Crazy how in one week I have a boat load of pics again. Mostly day. This buck looks pretty good but can't get great look. I saw lots of bone moving in video. I certainly didn't need long underwear to walk up here. I'm a sweaty mess. No turkey talk yet. 61687ef7d5afbaff437129b2e2da793d.jpg83680e06ce01f91d80ae4256ce76270a.jpg6a5cd8f3dc9b2b46d9a6c17e3a99fc40.jpg

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, rachunter said:

That’s pretty neat how you have the cam lined up the blinds.TF

And set on pic/ video mode hopefully to catch some video of a kill shot. Just moved a cam over a scrape. Doe was blowing and watching me. Just kicked up another tail in same place I already came through so they're moving. No rubs found and just that one scrape. Apples are light this year. No turkey talk yet. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, zag said:

Busted a doe by stand. I'm having a hoot up here watching my 9yr old thru my binos sitting in his makeshift tree stand with his binos and little bow, he was just pretending to shoot something with his bow, super fun watching him. Lucky his arrow wouldn't penetrate a piece cardboard.

Put your deer decoy next to his stand to shoot at or make one out of cardboard for the kid, be sure to include some nice head gear.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

And set on pic/ video mode hopefully to catch some video of a kill shot. Just moved a cam over a scrape. Doe was blowing and watching me. Just kicked up another tail in same place I already came through so they're moving. No rubs found and just that one scrape. Apples are light this year. No turkey talk yet. 

Careful with that camera, remember what happened to Carl?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TurtleFace said:

They must have known they aren't on the menu for me, the first one looked me right in the eyes before walking right on past me.

Also on my list my dad has 3 pocono bears.  I never mind seeing one bear...I'm always terrified by mom/cub combo.

I think it's wise to remember you were also not on the menu...Black bear attacks are very rare, but not nonexistent.

A WMA I hunt in jersey had a hiker get mauled a few years back.  

They are thick like squirreles in the PA Poconoes, Blue Ridge and the Alleghenies and an outright nuisance in Jersey.

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, biggamefish said:

At least this wind and rain will knock down these leaves!

Ya you can thank me for that...two days of leaf blowing this weekend...LOL

I didn't go out this a.m. Wow it was pretty rough out there last night and I just know the woods would, even though winds had died and it was drizzling , not be safe in the dark ...Will go out this afternoon and see if the deer are out and about ..No turkey hunting for me TF but good luck. Years of these winds I know the turkey went down hill. I figure 3 days to return that's about average...guarantee I will be hearing shots from down the hill though..unless they got their tags punched already...What a great day though..Good Luck all.

TF for a first year woodland plot ...that's looking pretty darn good...

Edited by growalot