Besides that big buck...

growalot

You all have dancing around in your dreams and on that wish list...What other thing or things are you hoping for this season....Me...It would be a Holloween buck...don't know why mile stone date I suppose that or a great opening day mature doe or big buck..didn't say rack I said buck:wink: but if the rack had a sticker or 2 I wouldn't complain.....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, growalot said:

You all have dancing around in your dreams and on that wish list...What other thing or things are you hoping for this season....Me...It would be a Holloween buck...don't know why mile stone date I suppose that or a great opening day mature doe or big buck..didn't say rack I said buck:wink: but if the rack had a sticker or 2 I wouldn't complain.....

I always dream of a drop-tine, but never even got a pic of one. Same goes for a 10pt. Seen big 8's and 9's but never a 10pt. Also, a piebald buck would be cool. Regarding Halloween, I killed my mt. lion on Halloween 2012 in Arizona while NY was dealing with Hurrican Sandy.

• Like 1

I want to see this 8 pointer my neighbors keep seeing.  Just see him in the wild - I have him on trail cam.  Then I want to hunt him.  I have a bead on his whereabouts during the rut, so I'm hoping this year is the year to actually see him.

But what I really want is to harvest a deer, any kind, with a friend.  I'd like that quite a bit.  It's a great experience, and I'd really like to share it.

• Like 2

To get my wife her first buck, with a bow, and possibly on film!! She does'nt care for the gun or Xbow stuff! I also have 2 brand new "legal" hunters in the woods now, providing they pass their tests for this weekends course. Its all on them, ill take the back burner and go when I can, and try to fill the freezer if they cant.   

• Like 5

Life has thrown me a bit of a curveball this year so I'll be happy to even make it out there this season.

If I get to share a few hunts and laughs in the blind again this year with sis will be good enough for me. Any kill would be nice but not as important as the memories I make and time spent with my best hunting buddy! :friends:

• Like 7

Have my dad get a nice buck while I am in the woods with him. I was not able to hunt last year due to an injury and after quite a few deerless years he connected on a nice 8 point opening morning of gun. I'd like to see him do it again this year with me in the woods with him.

• Like 1

For bow season:

I want days with the highs in the 50's for the first part, and a good steady predictable wind direction. And NO rain or howling winds 

And:

Toward the end of the season, I want snow but not the kind of bitter cold where I have to dress like an Eskimo and wind up with shooting problems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For gun season:

For opening day, I want a nice comfy day with the sun shining and a whole bunch of critters to look at while I'm waiting for a deer to come by.

And:

For the rest of the season, I want about 5 inches of good tracking snow covering the ground for a good bunch of days of still hunting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For both seasons:

I want to see a lot of deer. Any deer. Even if I don't get a shot. The season is always a lot more exciting for me if I just get to see a lot of deer. Oh, and I wouldn't mind getting a poke at a coyote.

• Like 2

You know I haven't been all that excited for hunting to start this year but after reading through this thread I can say that I would be incredibly happy if 2 things happened this year preferably both in bow season.

1. See a deer any deer while out with my daughter. She has sat at least 6 times with me without seeing a thing.

2. Take a deer while she is in the woods with me

If those 2 things happened my season would be a complete success.   

• Like 4