Bullzeye Archery rant

WNYBuckHunter

So a week and a half ago I picked up a Crosman Sniper 370 at Bullzeye Archery. I have always had great experiences with the shop and it’s owner. This time when I went, the owner wasn’t there and it was getting close to closing time, but I needed to get a few good arrows, lighted nocks and field tips for it. The two people that were there didn’t stop talking about how they couldn’t wait to close, and rushed me out as quickly as they could. In the process, they neglected to give me the cocking rope, and one of the arrows had the wrong nock (which is glued in and can’t be removed). After I got home and started messing with things, I discovered I couldn’t get the nock out to replace it with a lighted one, I didn’t have the cocking rope in with the rest of the stuff, and the scope wasn’t mounted correctly. This, along with being rushed out of there, had me a little annoyed. No biggie though, I’d stop there the next chance I had to get things straightened out. The following Tuesday, I stop in after work only to find a sign that said “closed Tuesday”. That was not there a few days before, but ok. Today I checked their hours, and they were open until 6. I stopped after work, arriving at 5:45. I walked up to the door, it was locked. I went up to the Outdoor Store to see if anyone was up there. That too had been closed early. Now I am pissed. It’s only days before the bow opener, and the flipping bow shop is not only open till 6, which is early for most people that work, but they locked up at least 15 mins early! Sounds like good business to me! At this point, I think the crossbow is going back for a refund and I’ll go buy one somewhere else. I doubt I’ll be doing any more business with that shop, which is a shame, as it’s right around the corner, I’ve bought a couple of bows from them over the years, sent quite a bit of business through their door and spent a bunch of money having them work on my stuff. 

• Like 3

Damn that's a shame i was there when I was shopping around for a new bow then I bought my htx they let me shoot any bow I wanted and even changed the draw and weight to my spec I was impressed. Sounds like something has changed in last 2 years and that's not good.

Imo I would try and go back wven call before hand to ensure owner will be there and explain this to him. Maybe his help is doing this behind his back and will appreciate the feedback and even make it right with you. But I'm other hand if he's full of excuses it would be a refund and no return for me as well. Sucks when you try to support the smaller shops and this is what happened. Could have easily ordered online and been done

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Sounds like my last 9 months.........plenty to go wrong.

Good luck with the bow.  You can't hunt with it till November 1st, right?

The 4th I think. It wasn’t that I wanted to hunt with it right away, it’s more of a I don’t want to give my money to a business that’s going to irritate me like that. I’ll buy something at Field And Steam. At least I know when they will be open lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So a week and a half ago I picked up a Crosman Sniper 370 at Bullzeye Archery. I have always had great experiences with the shop and it’s owner.

Seems like most archery shops are good at the sale and fall down on the service.....probably because they don't make as much on the service end. I went there once for a string job and one other time for parts. They wouldn't even talk to me when I mentioned the word Mathews so I haven't been back. I have had good luck with this one and they are usually willing to help. A little farther to drive but not a lot.

Traditions Archery
4.616 Google reviews
Address: 2199 E Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY 14623
Hours:
Closed now
Wednesday 10AM–7PM
Thursday 10AM–7PM
Friday 10AM–7PM
Saturday 9AM–5PM
Sunday Closed
Monday 10AM–7PM
Tuesday 10AM–7PM

Phone: (585) 486-4145

Edited by Steve D

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

Seems like most archery shops are good at the sale and fall down on the service.....probably because they don't make as much on the service end. I went there once for a string job and one other time for parts. They wouldn't even talk to me when I mentioned the word Mathews so I haven't been back. I have had good luck with this one and they are usually willing to help. A little farther to drive but not a lot.

Traditions Archery
4.616 Google reviews
Address: 2199 E Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY 14623
Hours:
Closed now
Wednesday 10AM–7PM
Thursday 10AM–7PM
Friday 10AM–7PM
Saturday 9AM–5PM
Sunday Closed
Monday 10AM–7PM
Tuesday 10AM–7PM

I won’t go to traditions. 

• Like 1

Yeah 6 o'clock is prime business time for an archery shop the week of the bow opener knowing that most folks don't get out of work til 5/6. I'd let em know you are pissed and maybe they'll make it right. If they don't have their hats in their hands, I'd throw the xbow back at em. I work right near there and have never stopped in. Im interested to hear how it goes. Good luck

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Never understood how business can so easily not understand that the service matters more than the sales.

Exactly. I can buy a crossbow anywhere. I bought it from them because I try to support local businesses when I can and I had always had great experiences with them. I’m kinda wondering if the owner doesn’t know what’s going on. I will definitely let him know why I’m unhappy. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

What I wouldn't give to have Phil and Indian MTN open again !!!!

Best shop ever.  Phil was the best bow tuner I have ever met.  Several years ago Gander Mtn had screwed up my bow and he made it perfect.  Subsequently bought a new bow from him several years later and was also tuned to perfection

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Exactly. I can buy a crossbow anywhere. I bought it from them because I try to support local businesses when I can and I had always had great experiences with them. I’m kinda wondering if the owner doesn’t know what’s going on. I will definitely let him know why I’m unhappy. 

This ^^^. The owner may have no clue. Inform him and see how he reacts.

13 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So a week and a half ago I picked up a Crosman Sniper 370 at Bullzeye Archery. I have always had great experiences with the shop and it’s owner. This time when I went, the owner wasn’t there and it was getting close to closing time, but I needed to get a few good arrows, lighted nocks and field tips for it. The two people that were there didn’t stop talking about how they couldn’t wait to close, and rushed me out as quickly as they could. In the process, they neglected to give me the cocking rope, and one of the arrows had the wrong nock (which is glued in and can’t be removed). After I got home and started messing with things, I discovered I couldn’t get the nock out to replace it with a lighted one, I didn’t have the cocking rope in with the rest of the stuff, and the scope wasn’t mounted correctly. This, along with being rushed out of there, had me a little annoyed. No biggie though, I’d stop there the next chance I had to get things straightened out. The following Tuesday, I stop in after work only to find a sign that said “closed Tuesday”. That was not there a few days before, but ok. Today I checked their hours, and they were open until 6. I stopped after work, arriving at 5:45. I walked up to the door, it was locked. I went up to the Outdoor Store to see if anyone was up there. That too had been closed early. Now I am pissed. It’s only days before the bow opener, and the flipping bow shop is not only open till 6, which is early for most people that work, but they locked up at least 15 mins early! Sounds like good business to me! At this point, I think the crossbow is going back for a refund and I’ll go buy one somewhere else. I doubt I’ll be doing any more business with that shop, which is a shame, as it’s right around the corner, I’ve bought a couple of bows from them over the years, sent quite a bit of business through their door and spent a bunch of money having them work on my stuff. 

I drive by nearly everyday, if you want me to check anything out for you I can. I've never purchased anything from there besides giving tips for the outdoor range. The few times in there I've had some good experiences with the owner and a bad one as well. I believe they own the Outdoor Store as well. 

30 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

I drive by nearly everyday, if you want me to check anything out for you I can. I've never purchased anything from there besides giving tips for the outdoor range. The few times in there I've had some good experiences with the owner and a bad one as well. I believe they own the Outdoor Store as well. 

Yes they do. I actually live about 3 or 4 miles from there, Im just a pretty busy guy between work, 2 kids in hockey, we are currently house shopping and trying to get ready for deer season. Thanks for the offer though.

• Like 1