Skinning a deer for your taxidermist...

WNY Bowhunter

4 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Man I have been stressing over this way to much. If I knew it was going to cause me this much stress I would have never shot him!!!!! 

Kidding of course. Luckily for me Treeguy is stopping over tonight and he's going to walk me through the process. I will  feel so much better once the cape is off and it's back to being just a deer for me to process. Next step is to decide on a Taxidermist. I have never needed one and of course everyone has their guy that they recommend. I'm pretty sure I know who i'm going with but man is this hard work. Oh god I also have to decide on a pose for him as well. Lol. 

I went with a mid sneak pose with ears half forward.....lol  Have no idea what that means for sure.  But he said if i wasnt exactly sure where it was going it was one of the better selections cause you dont want it turned right or left if it didnt work on the spot you decide you want it and the deer is facing the wall.  He was all into it and looking at the colors of the jaw and horns etc .... To me it felt like being at the art gallery and people commenting on a certain thing and i just say...its pretty.  lol 

• Like 1

Man I have been stressing over this way to much. If I knew it was going to cause me this much stress I would have never shot him!!!!! 
Kidding of course. Luckily for me Treeguy is stopping over tonight and he's going to walk me through the process. I will  feel so much better once the cape is off and it's back to being just a deer for me to process. Next step is to decide on a Taxidermist. I have never needed one and of course everyone has their guy that they recommend. I'm pretty sure I know who i'm going with but man is this hard work. Oh god I also have to decide on a pose for him as well. Lol. 
Looking forward to taking his coat off tonight !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

nice job!   A lot of teamwork from forum members lately !   good to see!!!  Between caping deer, tracking deer, getting 4 wheelers out of a swamp ..........good folk! 

Definitely, Thanks got to Lawd for coming over last night to help me skin my deer, after he skinned his! Not caping for Taxi just going to do another euro for the garage wall. 

• Like 1

I never know which way i want to mount them lol. Either mount them the way I last remembered seeing them before harvesting. Or if i have a wall void that needs filling.. or to keep some sort of symmetry amongst the wall gang. lol. Or which ever direction/pose makes them look their best etc.. It does get a little stressful. 

• Like 1